Uzebox Tutorials And Such 2
It is 2017 (at the original time of this posting.) Much has changed with Uzebox. We have new toys now such as Uzenet with SPI RAM. We have new SD libraries such as SdBase and of course, spiram. A new emulator (CUzeBox) that also is being developed to run on Android. Even more the entire Uzebox library can be played online now. Exciting times!
There are many ways to accomplish goals on Uzebox. I'll be describing my own methods. Perhaps they will help you. I'm not the only one here that has written tutorials. Be sure to check out Webber's Rants as well.
NOTE: Unless otherwise specified these tutorials will cover techniques related to mode 3.
READ THESE TOO
- Uzebox Tutorials And Such: http://uzebox.org/wiki/index.php?title=Uzebox_Tutorials_And_Such
- Weber's Rants: http://uzebox.org/wiki/Weber%27s_Rants
Covers some basics. It might be a refresher or it may be something new to you. Take a look.
Reading from the SD Card
- Petit FatFS can both read and write to the SD card.
- Includes filling the SPI RAM with a datafile from the SD card.
- SdBase is a direct data streamer. It does not support file fragmentation.
Bootloader v5+ File System Support
- Allows Using SDHC and FAT32 file systems (with fragmentation support.)
- Important: Requires the new 5.0.10 (or later) bootloader.
- If the bootloader isn't available on the Uzebox console then the library will revert to MMC and FAT16 support
Working with SPI RAM
... coming soon.