|Code license|| |
or (at your option) any later version.
|Media license||version 3.0|
|Latest release||Final Version|
|Release date||November 20, 2014|
Alter Ego is a unique platform puzzle game. Players will use their alter ego to swap position, collect pixels, and solve levels. The gameplay explains itself starting from very easy to some difficult parts later on. At the time of original release, all 25 levels from the original Alter Ego are included. The following episode includes all the levels from Alter Ego 2 with all the new gameplay elements supported.
- Large amount of graphical variety using the SD card
- 7 unique songs and 5 unique tilesets.
- Demo playback from SD(and recording to EEPROM (for copying to SD)via compile switch)
- Foreground effects, sprite recoloring, and some other modest ram tile effects.
- Future episodes(up to 10) are easy to create by creating a new SD file(no new rom download required).
- Individual save progress for each episode fits in 1 EEPROM block
- SNES Pad:
- D-PAD - run left/right and climb up/down ladders
- A,B,X,Y - switch positions with your alter ego
- start - choose menu item or bring up in game menu
- Nes pad supported.
See the forum thread
Although the Uzebox version is at this point quite a unique piece of code and work, I'd like to give credit where it is due. I have based the game on Alter Ego for NES, a home brew version by Shiru of the original ZX Spectrum game by Denis Grachev. The music was converted by the NSF, and the original NES music was created by Richard Armijo. The box art(first Uzebox game with box art!) was created by Alec Bourque(Uze). Alter Ego 2 levels(Denis Grachev) and beyond are converted from there respective games, and credit will be added as more become available.
Printable Box Art