Uzebox kits are now exclusively distributed by Adafruit.com
The Uzebox is an open source, retro-minimalist 8-bit game console made of only two chips and discrete components. It boasts more than 60 games and demos, and emulator, several development tools and a wealth of documentation all made by an enthusiastic community.
This kit is the real deal, everything to get started! The Uzebox PCB is bundled with all the parts required for a fully functional console (parts for the optional MIDI interface not included). The kit includes:
- 1 x Uzebox PCB with the AD725 (surface mount chip) pre-soldered for your convenience
- All parts (chips, discrete components and connectors)
- 1 x 256Mb SD card pre-loader with all games and demos
- 1 x SNES brand new 3rd party controller
- 1 x RCA A/V cable (3ft, gold plated)
- The kit is based on Uzebox revision F2
- Parts for the MIDI interface are not included
- The Atmega644 comes pre-programmed with the Uzebox SD card Game Loader. To upgrade the bootloader or develop your own games, an ISP programmer is highly recommended (i.e.: AVRISPMKII)
- A 7-12V DC 2.1 mm center positive power supply is required and sold separately.
- The Uzebox generates NTSC video and offers two outputs: composite and SVIDEO. If you are ordering from outside North America, please insure your TV supports this standard.
- Get the schematic and bill of material from the project's download page
- The assembly guide is available here