UZEM & SD card emulation

The Uzebox now have a fully functional emulator! Download and discuss it here.
Harty123

UZEM & SD card emulation

Post by Harty123 »

Hi,

I checked the wiki about more information about the SD card emulation of UZEm, but I found not so much informations. Do I need a special tool to create the SD-card image?

-Harty
uze6666
Site Admin

Re: UZEM & SD card emulation

Post by uze6666 »

Alas, I don't think the code was ever completed. If anyone want to complete it or rewrite it, be my guest... :) In the mean time, there's the SoftGun emulator that seems to have SD card emulation working: http://uzebox.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=525.

-Uze
Harty123

Post by Harty123 »

Hm it looks like that the softgun emulator support only Linux not Windows?! So I have to use burn&run for my experiments....

-Harty
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Ah, yeah I forgot to mention this, it's a Linux only solution. I wish I had more time to work on that SD code, it's been on the back of my mind for quite some time now.

-Uze
CunningFellow

Post by CunningFellow »

WHat is needed to get SD card emulation working ?

Is is something easy enough for an idiot such as myself to work on?
lunatic

Post by lunatic »

uze6666 wrote:Alas, I don't think the code was ever completed. If anyone want to complete it or rewrite it, be my guest... :) In the mean time, there's the SoftGun emulator that seems to have SD card emulation working: http://uzebox.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=525.

-Uze
The uzem sources look very complete around the SD part, what is missing?
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

lunatic wrote:
uze6666 wrote:Alas, I don't think the code was ever completed. If anyone want to complete it or rewrite it, be my guest... :) In the mean time, there's the SoftGun emulator that seems to have SD card emulation working: http://uzebox.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=525.

-Uze
The uzem sources look very complete around the SD part, what is missing?
Quite frankly, I don't know. I just recall a long time ago the coder didn't complete it and said it wasn't (fully?) working, so I took his word and never took the time to dig into it. If someone would like to fix/finalize the code that would be really awesome. That would open the door to newer and much bigger games.
CunningFellow

Post by CunningFellow »

OK - I will try look at it seeing as Tempest needs to store the webs somewhere.

I am not sure I am the best person for job seeing as my one and only trick is working magic in ASM.

I can only try.
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

CunningFellow wrote:OK - I will try look at it seeing as Tempest needs to store the webs somewhere.

I am not sure I am the best person for job seeing as my one and only trick is working magic in ASM.

I can only try.
No doubt you're up to the task. On the good side, there's a lot of emulator code out there for SD cards. You can look at Softgun or MESS among other for inspiration.
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Please do this whoever has the skills. With petit fs now ported, I finally am able to play with the SD card; but wow I am getting a lot of exercise sprinting from tv to pc between builds :lol: