EUzebox - a SCART based Uzebox for the EU

Topics regarding the Uzebox hardware/AVCore/BaseBoard (i.e: PCB, resistors, connectors, part list, schematics, hardware issues, etc.) should go here.
Harty123

Re: EUzebox - a SCART based Uzebox for the EU

Post by Harty123 »

Hi Tony,

I have only some PayPal buttons on my website and not really a web shop. So I will sell at this moment only the two kits and not single parts. I'm offering also a base kit (PCB, 2 SNES sockets, SCART socket, SD card socket, crystal) for only 19 €....

-Harty
greenpower

Post by greenpower »

Are you thinking in adding expansion ports as uze did with his board?
I know i'm too young, but it doesn't matters. Maybe i'm a newbie, but i can learn very fastly
Harty123

Post by Harty123 »

Hi,

my first idea was to add an 868MHz wireless module for home automation extensions like this:

http://www.pollin.de/shop/downloads/D810070B.PDF

But a expansion port is also a good idea.

At the moment I try to sell a batch with 100 kits. If I will sold out all kits, I will add new features to the next batch....

Meanwhile I will collect all suggestions for an reworked hardware...

-Harty
martinsustek

Post by martinsustek »

Hi Harty,

I've ordered one yesterday and I can't wait until it arrive!
BTW: Nice manual!
Harty123

Post by Harty123 »

Hi Martin,
martinsustek wrote:Hi Harty,

I've ordered one yesterday and I can't wait until it arrive!
BTW: Nice manual!
Thx for your order. The kit is since yesterday on the way to Ostrava. :)

About the manual REV A: One of my customers found a small bug in this manual. On page 10 the reference for 1,5kOhm and 750Ohm resistors is equal. I will publish a bugfix for the manual in the next days.

-Harty
cosam

Post by cosam »

Woohoo! Mine arrived today after ordering last week. Very nice little kit and only took about an hour to put together, the hardest thing being the SNES connectors which didn't want to sit straight. Everything worked first try, so here are some pics:
euzebox1.jpg
euzebox1.jpg (107.29 KiB) Viewed 18466 times
euzebox2.jpg
euzebox2.jpg (74.16 KiB) Viewed 18462 times
Harty123 wrote:About the manual REV A: One of my customers found a small bug in this manual. On page 10 the reference for 1,5kOhm and 750Ohm resistors is equal. I will publish a bugfix for the manual in the next days.
Never noticed that but you might also want to change page 2 to read "rosin solder" while you're at it. Unless the variant with a dried fruit centre is some kind of German specialty I never heard of! :D
Harty123

Post by Harty123 »

Hi,
cosam wrote:Woohoo! Mine arrived today after ordering last week. Very nice little kit and only took about an hour to put together, the hardest thing being the SNES connectors which didn't want to sit straight. Everything worked first try, so here are some pics:
This sounds good :D

cosam wrote: Never noticed that but you might also want to change page 2 to read "rosin solder" while you're at it. Unless the variant with a dried fruit centre is some kind of German specialty I never heard of! :D
... or caused in my pidgin English ;)

The new construction manual REV B (with bugfix and spelling corrections) is available now on my website...

-Harty
martinsustek

Post by martinsustek »

The kit is since yesterday on the way to Ostrava.
Just arrived, looks great!
McNugget

Post by McNugget »

Hey guys!

This is my first post in the forums! I came here from time to time read a couple of interesting threads about this really great project and disappeared again. Hopefully, not this time!

I finally decided to build a Uzebox and since I live in Germany and am a developer and want to do experiments.... so I built my own layout of Harty123s EUzebox.

My main goal was to have a custom design with some unique features of my own:
- Since my TV has a USB plug the Uzebox has to be powered through the TV without any additional power supply
- I want to connect to the box through RS232 to put games onto the SD Card later - when I know more about the kernel
- I want to have my own controller connector since I don't want to buy the original ones
- I want a small footprint since I produce the PCB here at my place and don't want to use so much acid/PCB space
- I want the standard ISP connector
- I want to use mainly SMD parts. Some say they are harder to handle but if you have a pair of tweezers its easy and I don't need to drill a thousand holes by hand :)
- I want all the additional free IO lines for... don't know. Experiments :D
- and last but not least I want a different opto coupler for the MIDI port (because I don't have the other one here)

Parts of the schematics are of course based on Harty123s schematics. That is mainly the MCU and the RGB output with the SCART connector.
The next step is to get the MIDI port onto the board as well and put the original SNES connectors as an optional extra into the layout - so that I can decide which of both I want to solder onto the board later.

Thanks for reading and thank you UZE666 for pulling such a great project off and Harty123 to make the simpler EU version possible! :)
I'm happy to read any comments!

Best,
Timo
Attachments
Alpha_1.png
Alpha_1.png (80 KiB) Viewed 18361 times
greenpower

Post by greenpower »

Hi McNugget,
Wellcome to the uzebox forums! :D
Since my TV has a USB plug the Uzebox has to be powered through the TV without any additional power supply
Nice idea! Just remove the 7805 and you're done.
I want to have my own controller connector since I don't want to buy the original ones
Put 2 4021 IC for each controller and you could use any controller you want. i.e. Genesis, Atari or you could design your own controller
I want the standard ISP connector
You con use the 5x2 or the 3x2 connector. Both are useable.

Just my 0.02€

David
I know i'm too young, but it doesn't matters. Maybe i'm a newbie, but i can learn very fastly