SCART version from Russia.

Topics regarding the Uzebox hardware/AVCore/BaseBoard (i.e: PCB, resistors, connectors, part list, schematics, hardware issues, etc.) should go here.
f0lken

Re: SCART version from Russia.

Post by f0lken »

Asked for more pictures ?
Here you go!
It's working on nes bootleg controllers.

For those, who are having problems with asian "nes-wannabe" joysticks. If you have strange symptoms like only "A" button working and all "1" in nes button tester firmware for uzebox, swap "latch" and "clock" - THIS IS ONLY FOR CLONE JOYSTICKS, not for original ones. It worked for me, but possibly I made in error on pcb routing (another one :-)). Hope it will help.
andy91

Post by andy91 »

Hey f0lk,
really good work! Do you have a schematic with all your changes? Would be nice if you could upload it.
And does anybody know if this works with german TVs? Are there any differences between the RGB signals?
Would be a good solution for european community members due to it's hard to find the AD725 here.
-Andy
f0lken

Post by f0lken »

All changes added to Wiki, as I see. My schematics is a mess and board has errors. So no eagle for now. But connecting scart is easy - check Wiki.
RGB signals are the same everywhere, as far as I know (I mean level). If your TV supports NTSC input signal - not for broadcasting - for connecting a VCR or DVD for example - there big chance, that you'll get a picture. Remember, not all scart-enabled tv do have RGB routed. (As my analog samsung).
f0lken

Post by f0lken »

Here is the schematic. May contain errors...
Based on rlaw's design - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=127&p=1156&hilit=eagle#p1146

I changed resistors to more popular ones and added scart connector

andy91

Post by andy91 »

Thank you very much for the schematic. I'll try it out as soon as i have the time.
-Andy
f0lken

Post by f0lken »

I finally ordered AD725 from USA and made an "expansion board", which adds composite functionality to scart version. Now it can be used both in scart and composite modes.

And some more pics here: http://znoxx.wordpress.com/2010/06/12/u ... ite-addon/
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Cool! And what about the image quality? Is there much difference with the RGB scart input? Can you post comparison pics?

Uze
f0lken

Post by f0lken »

Well, don't have an opportunity to make shots now, and anyway, my camera will distort the difference (almost sure).
1. Colors are brighter on composite version (good) - may be the because output is not quite standart on scart
2. There are less noise in composite version because signal is encoded and looks more proper for tv (good) and also my wires are from old flat cable - it can be interferred with something.
3. Picture is little bit blurry (bad) - because it's still a compozite.
4. Uzebox became more expensive :-) (bad)

Anyway, on small tv screen blurriness is not really noticeable. But SCART is cheaper ;-)

Next thing I'm going to do - add a daughterboard with SD. But there was a mistake in pcb, i made heading with less contacts, than needed. So no idea, when I'll make it, but I'll do it definitely.
renix

Post by renix »

f0lken wrote:I finally ordered AD725 from USA and made an "expansion board", which adds composite functionality to scart version. Now it can be used both in scart and composite modes.

And some more pics here: http://znoxx.wordpress.com/2010/06/12/u ... ite-addon/
Hi f0lken... can you share your single side PCB layout in order to make my own... please...

Best regards...

Renix
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

This thread is almost 4 years old...I would not expect an answer anytime soon! ;)

Are you interested in a cheap PCB layout or one to make yourself? You can have the Uzebox PCB made in china for about 20$ via ITead studio.