RC Pro Am

Share unrelated electronics stuff, ideas, rants, etc!
paul

RC Pro Am

Post by paul »

Looking forward to this one. I don't think Lee posts here very often, but I posted this in Off-Topic so I don't pollute the Games & Demos thread for when it's released.
uze6666
Site Admin

Re: RC Pro Am

Post by uze6666 »

Yeah I saw that one too some days ago! It will be a great game, specially since he will add some "extras"... :D

-Uze
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Ah yes indeed, for this New Years Resolution I vow to always finish one Uzebox project before I start 2 others... ;) In retrospect it does seem cruel to tease with no hex. I need to release a playable demo of Adventures of Lolo, just to motivate me to tackle that track compression again :? There was once, long ago, a fabled "simple approach" "formerly known as" Uze Grand Prix "playable" demo. It has long since been under major rewrite/breaking. But hopefully soon I'll have it seeming like a game again. Sokoban will be getting a really different/improved graphical direction some time soon too (and that editor I said I would finish since it's easy). But for a bit, Lolo is my sponge of time...

-Lee
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Just wanted to make a little update about Uze Pro Am or whatever it's name will be since I started another project. It's really in a state of big rethought at the moment but it's not abandoned. I was really spending a lot of effort on the track format in order to achieve small turn segments being able to meet up with any others(very dynamic tracks) and make that both compact and workable for random tracks,AI,and an editor. Speed is the real issue right now though, non-concrete ideas led to physics, AI, and rendering really becoming expensive. And 3 16x16 cars that shoot missiles at eachother doesn't help the ram situation either. But I need to get my simpler projects wrapped up before I come back to this. I'm really stretching my Uzebox time thin with too many projects :roll: and half finished games are just a tease. It will come.
paul

Post by paul »

As with many other games, the '1284 might make the road far less bumpy... that is if it ever sees the light of day. Either way, there may be some kind of single chip upgrade in the Uzebox's future. There's a lot of games that are juuuust on the edge and need a little push to be viable or at least done without compromise.