Uzebox / Digital Photoframe Love Child

Topics regarding the Uzebox hardware/AVCore/BaseBoard (i.e: PCB, resistors, connectors, part list, schematics, hardware issues, etc.) should go here.
rossum

Uzebox / Digital Photoframe Love Child

Post by rossum »

For amusement only; Uzebox integrated in a cheap digital photoframe.

http://rossum.posterous.com/uzeboxdigit ... love-child
uze6666
Site Admin

Re: Uzebox / Digital Photoframe Love Child

Post by uze6666 »

Cool hack. :D It been a while I was looking for panels that accepts NTSC/PAL like the LQ056A3AG01. When you bough that panel, did you know in advance the chip that was in it? Since I can't seem to find that brand in Montreal, is there a hacker site that list some frames and what's the chips in them??

Again great work and cool idea!

-Uze

EDIT: I Specially like the vertical picture, it's beautiful!
rossum

Post by rossum »

I have about 5 more photo frames of various shapes and sizes; they tend to all have different pinouts and degrees of sync fussiness. As I get them working I will post the results.
tim1724

Post by tim1724 »

think you could hijack the SD slot as well? That could make this thing really convenient... (well, once the SD bootloader is complete, obviously)
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

think you could hijack the SD slot as well? That could make this thing really convenient...
Yeah I see it, you could actually...view pictures, that is 8 Bit retro looking pictures. :ugeek:

-Uze
paul

Post by paul »

That's pretty cool! People could add a picture of the family pet to their games with a hotkey to swap the game tiles out for when the boss walks in. Then you'd just have to explain why your photo has a snes controller attached to it :lol: