Help, AVRISP mkII driver support with Windows 7 64-bit

Share unrelated electronics stuff, ideas, rants, etc!
DaveyPocket

Re: Help, AVRISP mkII driver support with Windows 7 64-bit

Post by DaveyPocket »

I'll look into the Windows vista 64-bit driver issue thing.

For the hard drives, I'm not sure why it is not showing up, I use SATA for both of my drives, they both show up in 7 and XP. Are your SCSI drives attached to the motherboard or a SCSI card? Are you running 64-bit Win 7 and 64-bit XP or what? I might know a solution, but I'm not sure.
DavidEtherton

Post by DavidEtherton »

DaveyPocket wrote:I'll look into the Windows vista 64-bit driver issue thing.

For the hard drives, I'm not sure why it is not showing up, I use SATA for both of my drives, they both show up in 7 and XP. Are your SCSI drives attached to the motherboard or a SCSI card? Are you running 64-bit Win 7 and 64-bit XP or what? I might know a solution, but I'm not sure.
Sysop at work reminded me there's a "computer management" thingy that should let me remap the hard drive to make it visible again.

Also, I emailed atmel avr support last night but haven't heard anything back yet.

-Dave
DavidEtherton

Post by DavidEtherton »

DavidEtherton wrote:
DaveyPocket wrote:I'll look into the Windows vista 64-bit driver issue thing.

Sysop at work reminded me there's a "computer management" thingy that should let me remap the hard drive to make it visible again.

Also, I emailed atmel avr support last night but haven't heard anything back yet.

-Dave
Perhaps somebody with a more "professional" relationship with Atmel (*cough* Clay! *cough*) could ask about Win7/64 support? They never replied to me, and it's the one thing I still can't get working. Otherwise Win7/64 is a fantasic OS!

-Dave
jacinthey

Post by jacinthey »

How do i install Windows 7 over Vista without losing all my data? I have a PC that has vista installed on it, it does not boot up but just shuts down when it reaches the windows screen. I want to install windows 7 on it to rid the problem but i do not want to lose my files. Is there any way of doing this?