UCC2016: The Uzebox Code Challenge returns!

Discuss Everything related to UCC, share progress of your game, ask questions, etc.
Jubatian

Re: UCC2016: The Uzebox Code Challenge returns!

Post by Jubatian »

D3thAdd3r wrote: I really dig the new cylindrical background 8-)
I just hope that's not a screenshot from CunningFellow's newest secret entry. I think I am going to withdraw then! :D (Sorry, couldn't let that pass... It so resembles Tempest's look and feel!)
schepers_cp

Post by schepers_cp »

promotion is always welcome, as long as it won't be seen as spam, you can also contribute in the prizepot if you want to :)
CunningFellow

Post by CunningFellow »

Jubatian wrote:
D3thAdd3r wrote: I really dig the new cylindrical background 8-)
I just hope that's not a screenshot from CunningFellow's newest secret entry. I think I am going to withdraw then! :D (Sorry, couldn't let that pass... It so resembles Tempest's look and feel!)
That was just some early concept art from the new video mode before I got the colours sorted just right.

It's looking a bit fuller now
txk_2_605x.jpg
txk_2_605x.jpg (45.85 KiB) Viewed 8889 times
(obviously a joke)

I have not decided what I am doing yet, but I have a plan to get stuck hard into it as part of a weird rehab kind of process. It is most likely to fast/twitch and lots of movement.
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

We are on a very good start, we have 10 registered participants. To all who contemplate joining, why wait? You'll have fun and some healthy competition! :P
hpglow

Post by hpglow »

I think about it every year and the reality is I've never gotten a project off the ground. I'm more of an uzebox voyer.
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

hpglow wrote:I think about it every year and the reality is I've never gotten a project off the ground. I'm more of an uzebox voyer.
I think you're not the only one, but it's ok we'll need those too to cheer up the contestants. :lol:
jhhoward

Post by jhhoward »

Hmm perhaps I should finish my first person shooter concept and make it into a full game :)
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

hpglow wrote:I think about it every year and the reality is I've never gotten a project off the ground.
How much sweeter the feeling then, when it all comes together and it flies for you this year ;)
jhhoward wrote:Hmm perhaps I should finish my first person shooter concept and make it into a full game :)
That would be a real treat do it up man.

I see some heavy weights in there, I think this is going to be a good year for UCC indeed.
Harty123

Post by Harty123 »

uze6666 wrote:
IMG_20160229_205916.jpg
Got a batch of cards printed to promote the compo. Forgot to convert them to cmyk before sending, but still look great! :)
Looks great - can you send me some Flyers. I will put them in my outgoing deliveries and I need some for the maker faire Hannover.
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Harty123 wrote:Looks great - can you send me some Flyers. I will put them in my outgoing deliveries and I need some for the maker faire Hannover.
Sure, I'll have batch made and sent directly to you. I will customize the back to add references to the EUzebox & website. Will send you asap.