NUzebox - Uzebox Neslou's Edition :-)

Topics regarding the Uzebox hardware/AVCore/BaseBoard (i.e: PCB, resistors, connectors, part list, schematics, hardware issues, etc.) should go here.
neslou

NUzebox - Uzebox Neslou's Edition :-)

Post by neslou »

Hi Everybody,
Waiting to receive my EUzebox that I have just ordered, and continuing to read all the interesting stuff here in this forum, I am going to make my Own version of the Uzebox pcb (that's why I call it NUzebox :D )
I know that there is the original Uzebox, the Fuzebox, the EUzebox already but I am trying to imagine a PCB wich combine all the video OUT (RCA and S-Video and SCART) and also that I can put in my enclosure (the real reason is really the enclosure).
Can someone please indicate me where I can find all the libraries for modifying the eagle file please? Or are they classic ones?
Also, every help will be welcome (do you think it is not possible? or if there is some information that prevent me for doing such a thing? Do I need to add components?
I will keep you inform on this topic.
neslou

Re: NUzebox - Uzebox Neslou's Edition :-)

Post by neslou »

Hi There,
Where do you buy today (on April 2015) your Uzebox?
1°) The original One seems to be difficult to find nowadays?
It is Out of stock from Adafruit

2°) For the EUzebox, I have find :
http://www.hwhardsoft.de/english/projects/euzebox/
It is still ok to buy from them apparently

3°) For the Fuzebox, it is the same case than from the Uzebox...Out of stock?

Regards.
Neslou.
neslou

Post by neslou »

Hi All,
Regarding the Eagle Schematics.... Are the people of the original design and the EUzebox still active on this forum?
I need some help or advice for combining the video output on the same PCB.
Regards.
Neslou.
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Yes, Alec(uze6666) is Uzebox's creator and very active, he made the Uzebox schematic(s). Hartmut(Harty123) is your man for the EUzebox stuff, not always on the forums, his site is here.

I'm not as hardware expert as either, I looked at both schematics...I do not see an easy solution. If you have the prescribed resistors in place for the EUzebox SCART connected in parallel with the DAC resistors to AD725 on Uzebox, I am pretty sure neither one will work correctly. Maybe there is some tricky way where the SCART grounding could be put on a switch.
neslou

Post by neslou »

Hi D3thAdd3r,
Thank you for taking the time to post your advice...
I agree with you regarding the way to put all the output video connections ..that's why I ask for information..
For the moment, I am just collecting a lot of information in order to make after some try... :D
if I can first do a pcb that fit in my enclosure would be a first success...lol
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Does France have SÉCAM exclusively or it there NTSC available also? I know EUzebox isn't really PAL or else the whole kernel would need to be different, I think it's kind of RGB over SCART. Perhaps the newer televisions make this all a non-issue?
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Can someone please indicate me where I can find all the libraries for modifying the eagle file please? Or are they classic ones?
Good point. I never though of releasing my custom parts library, not that it contains much, things like SNES connectors. I'll post what I have with a todo to make a complete one and add it to the download sections.
Where do you buy today (on April 2015) your Uzebox?
1°) The original One seems to be difficult to find nowadays?
It is Out of stock from Adafruit
Back in stock as of today. :P
3°) For the Fuzebox, it is the same case than from the Uzebox...Out of stock?
Out of production for ever!
neslou

Post by neslou »

Hi there,
Thank you for all uze6666.
I will concentrate on the classic Uzebox and the EUzebox so...
Any idea regarding the fact to put on the same PCB RCA and S-Video Output and SCART too?
My finalize PCB would not be greater than 12*12 (this is the size of the enclosure)
Regards.
Neslou.
neslou

Post by neslou »

Hi,
The situation where only SECAM was available is finished :D
Nowadays and as far as I see, television support PAL/SECAM/NTSC so I have concluded that the electronic inside the TV's helps lol..
I am still continue my travel today...
The PCB dimension will be 11cm*11cm. 4 Holes of 4mm diameters (from 1cm of the corners).
I source also the parts on Farnell (because Eagle soft is really integrated with the online shop) it allow me to find library also for eagle when they are available even if I don't buy the components from them after.
Still a lot to do but I continue.

Do you know where we can find the famous SNES female connectors ? they seems to be difficult to find, but for sure I give the retro feel like never!
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Any idea regarding the fact to put on the same PCB RCA and S-Video Output and SCART too?
I know nothing this interface, so I can't really help unfortunately.
Do you know where we can find the famous SNES female connectors ? they seems to be difficult to find, but for sure I give the retro feel like never!
They can't be found anywhere. But I have some for my kits. And you are in luck as I only sell them to community members. :) Just send me a PM with your address and I'll give you a quote (2$ each + shipping).