BitBox

Discuss anything not related to the current Uzebox design like successors and other open source gaming hardware
Vitis

BitBox

Post by Vitis »

Does anyone here have a BitBox? Has anyone developed a full game for it yet? It looks like a really cool project, but the only thing holding me back from buying one is the fact that I can buy a Raspberry Pi for less. Also, it lacks the cool factor of a hand-soldered DIY console. I've seen some impressive demo videos from the creator, but I haven't heard of any third-party/community game development yet.
CunningFellow

Re: BitBox

Post by CunningFellow »

Does not sound anywhere near as challenging to write a game for, so not as much of an interest for me.
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Yes it's a cool project but for me it also suffers of being...too powerful! :lol: It's a hard to build a community for a project like this, you need a little luck to get noticed and started, specially since there's a couple like it built on ARM chips that pops from time to time.
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Finally a way to purchase one. I emailed the address specified for such on the blog a couple times with no response :P

BitBox has an emulator, this I did not know, but that is definitely nice..just have to find it pre-compiled somewhere. Hats off to the Alter Ego port as well :)
makapuf

Post by makapuf »

Hi ! Sorry for being non-available on the email address, I was on vacation ... i'm readying your order.
Keep in mind that the emulator is really a SDL backend of the API in fact rather than a full ARM STM32 /cortex-m4 chip emulator. i'm starting to cxhange the way I report to it because it's really. (but someone really did make a game using it which worked immediately after recompilation so it's not hat bad).

Please ask me any question by PM or using the mail address I usually look at it quite often, or the mailing list ! Thanks for the support !
Matej

Post by Matej »

PM send!