TETRIS

Use this forum to share and discuss Uzebox games and demos.
Kilo

TETRIS

Post by Kilo »

Hey guys,

I have the game Megatris somewhat rewritten and made it a one player game!
I modified the code of Uze extent that now everything that has to do with multiplayer is kicked out. There is now a display during the game of lines, score and level!
AVR Studio reports an occupied flash of 95%, I hope it works for you, otherwise I will change a bit!

greeting
KILO

*edit: new version!
Attachments
Tetris2.jpg
Tetris2.jpg (23.53 KiB) Viewed 9564 times
Tetris1.jpg
Tetris1.jpg (19.65 KiB) Viewed 9584 times
Last edited by Kilo on Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The last digit of Pi is 7! I calculated this, as I counted to infinity yesterday!
Kilo

Re: TETRIS

Post by Kilo »

Maybe I will change the score, because in my opinion the scores increases in too much steps!
The last digit of Pi is 7! I calculated this, as I counted to infinity yesterday!
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Cool! I tkink it would be better to improve the existing megatris with a 1P mode instead of spinning its own game. The scoring is from the official tetris 'spec' or tetris DS , cant recall which one.
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

why not? It's one more game now! :D

Well, the source is really big.. and when we use the megatris, so we can't use the main image! The score, lines and level lines will not fit.... Now, we can use 2 games and we have enough space to modify both versions without having flash problems!
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Ha! You are quite right, that code is huge...and terribly inneficient! It's been on my todo list to revisit it one day and optimize the code to implement more features. Like items mode in tetris DS. If we can finally work out the net interface, this game will get the treatment first. 8-)
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

So I think it would be better to have two versions.
The "original" Tetris and the Megatris with more features! hm...
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Finally got a chance to test it on a pc. Works great, though what happened to the back-to-back feature? Seems to be gone... :?:
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

Yes right... I don't know!
Could be a mistake by myself... an uncommented line too much :)
I'll get it right!

btw: what exactly is the Back-to-Back feature?
I saw this only after making 2 Tetris successively
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Back to back is a concept that gives bonus point when performing multiple tetrises or tspin one after the other. Also, in two players mode, it would send a additionnal garbage line to the opponent.

See for more info on tetris scoring etc: http://tetris.wikia.com/wiki/Tetris_Wiki
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

oh cool...I've not seen such a wiki ever :)

ok... I have to look what is wrong, I guess it's an uncommented line which is in relation with the garbage feature!

NP, I will take all bonus features back! But I think I will change the score rating...