All Uzebox Games Online! (Cuzebox and Emscripten)

The Uzebox now have a fully functional emulator! Download and discuss it here.
Artcfox

Re: All Uzebox Games Online! (Cuzebox and Emscripten)

Post by Artcfox »

Wow, the additions, and categories are very nice. Good work!
Jubatian

Post by Jubatian »

That new selector is nice! By the way even I often use it as it is the easiest to have a quick look at a game with the online player!

The Vector Demo by the way could be added to Demos. It is an example program from the Master repo.
nicksen782

Post by nicksen782 »

What new selector are you referring to?

I didn't add the Vector demo?

As for the categories I'm not 100% on them but I did fix several. What is the difference between a WIP and a demo? In both cases it is an unfinished program unless it truly was intended just to demonstrate something.

If you find any other bugs or issues, especially with the online database, please let me know and I will fix them right away.

And thank you for the kindness.
Jubatian

Post by Jubatian »

nicksen782 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:35 pmWhat new selector are you referring to?
The updated game list of course with all the UCC entries, maybe would have been more appropriate to call it the game database, anyway, I like how it looks now!
nicksen782 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:35 pmI didn't add the Vector demo?
It is added, but it is on the top in a "Not defined yet" category. It is a completed demo, or rather an example program.

I think it could even have a third similar category beyond Demo and WIP:
  • WIP: Incomplete things ("Work in progress"). A game demo may be a WIP if it is posted as a progress report (FoaD's demo in particular was something which could be considered a completed game demo).
  • Demo: I think these should be completed programs, mostly show-off features (the way demosceners use the word). Nowadays probably this interpretation is more common. The Halloween demo in particular is such a program.
  • Example: Programs intended to be used as tutorials. The Vector Demo should belong in this category if existed as several things from the Uzebox Master repo.
So I think that Example category is something which could be added to group things there which are most useful as sources for starting experimenting with things or building actual games.

A Tools category might also be useful, for example Emuze (which is also a .uze file which can be used on the Uzebox) would belong there as well as the Controller Tester, and the Uzebox JAMMA's soft DIP switch configurator. Most have no much sense within the online player, though.
nicksen782

Post by nicksen782 »

I do have support for more categories. Actually, I have been working on a sort of tutorial "game" where you can select from a menu and have certain features explained. Of course, the code would be heavily commented and intended for use alongside the program.

These are the current categories. Each category is just a number and more numbers can be added.
  • Not Defined Yet
  • Complete
  • UCC2016
  • UCC2014
  • UCC2013
  • W.I.P.
  • Demo
  • RESERVED
  • RESERVED
I think that it is important to have proper definitions of these categories.

I'm also open to interface changes too.
nicksen782

Post by nicksen782 »

I'm finished with a .zip generator for the Online Player. It copies all files into one zip (with no directory structure) of all games and files specified.

The bootloader does not run .hex files. The following list of games I only have the hex file for. I purposely am NOT including games that do not use the .uze extension since the whole purpose is to populate an SD card with Uzebox games (.uze being required.)

Code: Select all

VectorGame (UCC2013)          -- (id:163, status:UCC2013)
DasBoot (UCC2013)             -- (id:176, status:UCC2013)
Columns (UCC2013)             -- (id:226, status:UCC2013)
Wurger Time (wip)             -- (id:166, status:W.I.P.)
Air Hockey                    -- (id:173, status:W.I.P.)
Ninja Beatdown                -- (id:172, status:Complete)
Calculator                    -- (id:174, status:Complete)
Red Bull Creation             -- (id:181, status:Complete)
Daleks                        -- (id:201, status:Complete)
Pacman                        -- (id:204, status:Complete)
Ghosty Ghost                  -- (id:211, status:Complete)
Smokey and the Bandit (JAMMA) -- (id:264, status:Complete)
claydemo                      -- (id:175, status:Demo)
Hallowween 2008               -- (id:177, status:Demo)
Matrix Screensaver            -- (id:178, status:Demo)
Mode 9 demo                   -- (id:179, status:Demo)
Race                          -- (id:180, status:Demo)
Sonic                         -- (id:183, status:Demo)
Sprite Engine V2 demo         -- (id:184, status:Demo)
Sprite Engine V1 demo         -- (id:185, status:Demo)
tron-bmp                      -- (id:186, status:Demo)
tronmusicdemo                 -- (id:187, status:Demo)
Mode 13 Demo                  -- (id:213, status:Demo)
I could probably use packrom against each hex but I wouldn't have the gameinfo.properties file and would likely just put in something generic. Should I just do that or do you all have a better idea?
Artcfox

Post by Artcfox »

Very nice! That will certainly come in handy for making ROM packs!

Ghosty Ghost has a .uze file posted in a zip file in the first post of its discussion thread. At least the local only version, which is what I always download and use.
Jubatian

Post by Jubatian »

I checked the games on the Wiki:
  • VectorGame (UCC2013) Both links broken. The UCC2013 topic contains only a HEX.
  • Das Boot No known working UZE file exists (See also this topic).
  • Columns UZE file is available on the Wiki.
  • Würgertime UZE file is available on the Wiki, however it is for the original version without music.
  • Air Hockey No ROMs on the Wiki, UZE file might have never been generated (See also this topic).
  • Ninja Beatdown No UZE on the Wiki, it has source, but it lacks a gameinfo.properties file for Packrom.
  • Calculator No known working UZE file exists.
  • Red Bull Creation No known working UZE file exists.
  • Daleks No known working UZE file exists.
  • Pacman UZE file is available on the Wiki for a "Lite" version with less graphics (to fit in 60K).
  • Ghosty Ghost Huh, this game is missing from the Games & Demos list! The topic has a UZE file.
  • Smokey and the Bandit No ROMs, however the source (if it builds) has a gameinfo.properties, so it should generate a UZE.
  • claydemo No known working UZE file exists.
  • Halloween 2008 No known working UZE file exists.
  • Matrix screensaver It links to a source which link is broken. So guess the UZE if there was any possibility to generate one is lost.
  • Mode 9 demo Part of the Uzebox master, so just look at the ROMS directory of your clone (after compiling).
  • Race No known working UZE file exists.
  • Sonic No known working UZE file exists. It has a topic which might contain one, however skimming it I couldn't find.
  • Sprite Engine V1 demo No known working UZE file exists (I don't know much about this, could have been part of Master?).
  • Sprite engine V2 demo There is a version of this in Uzebox master which can not get a UZE file due to this issue.
  • tron-bmp I honestly don't know what this could be.
  • Tron music demo UZE file is available on the Wiki.
  • Mode 13 demo is part of the Uzebox master, so you can fetch a working UZE from the ROMS directory after a compile. It isn't on the Wiki.
Yuck. Broken stuff all around, still.
nicksen782

Post by nicksen782 »

Okay, for some games there is a .uze file. I'll gather those. Thanks for putting that information together!

I'm pretty sure that the Redbull hex was a direct chip dump.

Anyway, I do have the .hex files and I could run packrom on them.

Question does the bootloader (old and new) read the filename or the data from packrom?

In some cases I actually store the .hex AND the .uze. However, the bootloader requires a .uzefile.

Soon there will be a download generator that you can easily create sd card zips with. A feature would be the inclusion/exclusion of the available statuses such as 'Complete' or the UCC games, or demos, WIPs, etc.
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Now this would be a nice feature!