CUzeBox - The new official Uzebox emulator

The Uzebox now have a fully functional emulator! Download and discuss it here.
Jubatian

Re: CUzeBox - a new Uzebox emulator in progress

Post by Jubatian »

I added support for providing such a config file, using the SDL application data path by default, but you can also supply a path compile-time (if you already have a regularly updated file somewhere).
Artcfox

Post by Artcfox »

Jubatian wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:57 pm I added support for providing such a config file, using the SDL application data path by default, but you can also supply a path compile-time (if you already have a regularly updated file somewhere).
Perfect! Thank you. :)
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Damn, you guys have brains made out of pure plutonium or what! :lol: I can't follow anymore but, reading through the line, the progress on Cuzebox emulator is really epic! Specially with Artcfox port to Android. Btw, if I want a quick 32 bit native Windows build..who has one?
Artcfox

Post by Artcfox »

uze6666 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:38 am Damn, you guys have brains made out of pure plutonium or what! :lol: I can't follow anymore but, reading through the line, the progress on Cuzebox emulator is really epic! Specially with Artcfox port to Android. Btw, if I want a quick 32 bit native Windows build..who has one?
Hang on, I'm trying to get it to cross-compile now. The Makefile seems to be ignoring some of the include paths, so I need to solve that.
Artcfox

Post by Artcfox »

Let me know if the attached build works for you. (I'm running Linux)
Attachments
cuzebox-win32-x86.zip
(455.07 KiB) Downloaded 299 times
Halamix2

Post by Halamix2 »

Works on wine
Artcfox

Post by Artcfox »

Halamix2 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:41 pmWorks on wine
Awesome!
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Thanks a lots, works perfectly. I didn't have a chance to play with Cuzebox so far. But now, I can see it's really full of features very helpful for developers. Kudos guys! :mrgreen:

It would kick out uzem for good...but I think cuzebox doesn't support GDB debugging so far, right? Or has way to plug it in later literally easily? I say because personally I was using it a lot through Eclipse for step debugging and it helped a lot. I always thought it would help newbies tracing their code just like its so easy to trace Java code in Eclipse.
Artcfox

Post by Artcfox »

uze6666 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:59 pm Thanks a lots, works perfectly. I didn't have a chance to play with Cuzebox so far. But now, I can see it's really full of features very helpful for developers. Kudos guys! :mrgreen:

It would kick out uzem for good...but I think cuzebox doesn't support GDB debugging so far, right? Or has way to plug it in later literally easily? I say because personally I was using it a lot through Eclipse for step debugging and it helped a lot. I always thought it would help newbies tracing their code just like its so easy to trace Java code in Eclipse.
I'm sure it would be possible, but for speed purposes, you'd want to have it conditionally compiled in.

I still use Uzem for the input capture/replay feature when I need it, I don't think that ever got added to cuzebox.
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

I still use Uzem for the input capture/replay feature when I need it, I don't think that ever got added to cuzebox.
Another feature to add to the backlog then :P .

Btw, I really want to add binary links to the main website links now instead of Uzem. I would need all the binaries for all platforms and architectures...which sucks to collect and maintain. You guys know of any way to have a free platform to host multi platform builds? Either continuous or on demand, pulling on the GIT repo? OR we absolutely need some sort of dedicated machine (ex: VPS)?