UZEM seems to start up half speed 12.4 MHZ vs 28.X MHz

The Uzebox now have a fully functional emulator! Download and discuss it here.
Arlof

UZEM seems to start up half speed 12.4 MHZ vs 28.X MHz

Post by Arlof »

Sometimes it just loads and runs fine at 28 MHz other times it will run at half speed 12.4 MHz.

Doesn't appear to be anything specific with my code... one emulation cycle will be 12.4 the next 28....

Any ideas? I'm not running anything extra in the background other than eclipse and say a web browser.
uze6666
Site Admin

Re: UZEM seems to start up half speed 12.4 MHZ vs 28.X MHz

Post by uze6666 »

Are you on Windows or Linux?
Arlof

Post by Arlof »

Windows.

Emulator is normally triggered from Eclipse.. but I've also started it from command prompt terminal.
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Does it happen only in your game or with others too? The emulator is pretty simple in the way it emulate the mega644. I have no clue though why it systematically alternates between those two speeds. :?:
Arlof

Post by Arlof »

Well, it seems to be random at best... I've also seen it 14 MHz etc... as the saying goes 60% of the time it works every time.

I tried with the Arknoid ROM in the bin package and it does indeed slow down too.. 21 MHZ, 14 MHZ, 29 MHZ my guess is it has something to do with the sounds... or it just more noticeable when it slows down since the sound effects get drawn out and laggy.

I few other questions re: Emulator

When I run from the command prompt in windows, it seems to close my terminal window even when I execute it with say just the uzem -h. Is there anyway to stop that?

Playing some of the roms I was was able to MAP a USB gamepad partially but not completely. What file stores the mapping of the joypad? (F1 / 7 only seemed to work once)

Using my game I can't seem to get the emulator to respond 'F1' or '7' do not respond with any text like I've seen with with other roms. (Text In Command Prompt Window)

I'm using the compiled binary R212 and the emulator is 1.15.

Arlof
Arlof

Post by Arlof »

Playing some of the roms I was was able to MAP a USB gamepad partially but not completely. What file stores the mapping of the joypad? (F1 / 7 only seemed to work once)
Okay I've figure out the answer to this you need to enter the F1 and 7 Commands from the game you're emulating window... not the command prompt window. :roll: :oops:
Arlof

Post by Arlof »

So Update on this... I installed it on a new laptop... and it's working perfect now. I'm using the same source binaries and same files... so I'm willing to sumize it was computer issue.