Uzebox Emulator!

The Uzebox now have a fully functional emulator! Download and discuss it here.
uze6666
Site Admin

Re: Uzebox Emulator!

Post by uze6666 »

Hey Dave, In your latest release NET5 runs at double the normal clock rate!?! That's funny, since all the other roms works fine.... :?
DavidEtherton

Post by DavidEtherton »

uze6666 wrote:Hey Dave, In your latest release NET5 runs at double the normal clock rate!?! That's funny, since all the other roms works fine.... :?
Yeah, that's expected -- I found that the sound throttling was a more reliable way to slow down the emulator without causing choppy sound.

Of course it fails on roms with no sound!

(I could either reinstate the old delay code when no sound is available, or you could implement sound on NET5 ;) )
codecrank

Post by codecrank »

holly crap ! I just fired it up with the game I'm working on, man this will make things so must faster to devel...

I was looking at hours wasted on sound fx creation , thank you so much ! :D

If you're bored and looking for something to add, 2 player support would be nice

Thanks again !
codecrank

Post by codecrank »

btw, I'm running it under vmware and it runs great. ( I gave up trying to get v2beta3 games to compile properly under linux , not to mention getting avrstudio to install under wine )
DavidEtherton

Post by DavidEtherton »

codecrank wrote:holly crap ! I just fired it up with the game I'm working on, man this will make things so must faster to devel...

I was looking at hours wasted on sound fx creation , thank you so much ! :D

If you're bored and looking for something to add, 2 player support would be nice

Thanks again !
Two player support would be easy enough to add, but I'm not sure where on the keyboard to put the keys? I guess over on the dedicated numeric keypad -- but I did much of the emulator development on a laptop with no keypad!

-Dave
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

What about mapping to real joysticks on the computer then? I have a nice Xbox360-like joystick that just want to be put to good use! :)

Uze
DavidEtherton

Post by DavidEtherton »

uze6666 wrote:What about mapping to real joysticks on the computer then? I have a nice Xbox360-like joystick that just want to be put to good use! :)

Uze
SDL joystick support was a rat's nest I didn't really want to get into, so I came up with a way to jam both players onto the keyboard together as long as they're friendly.

-Dave