Uzebox Kits Now Available!

What is a Uzebox? How can I get one? Check here!
uze6666
Site Admin

Re: Uzebox PCB Base Kits Now Available!

Post by uze6666 »

kscharf wrote:What's the status today? Can I order a PCB?
I've ordered a new batch of 10 and they should arrive within 1-2 week. Btw I still have a couple PCBs available that were not electrically tested. But I've made them with 10mils for traces and spacing so they are most certainly just fine. Let me know if your interested.
Did you add provision for an overpowered '1284?
No, that's not in my plan. For more power and memory, the xmega route is more appropriate IMHO.

-Uze
kscharf

Post by kscharf »

I've ordered a new batch of 10 and they should arrive within 1-2 week. Btw I still have a couple PCBs available that were not electrically tested. But I've made them with 10mils for traces and spacing so they are most certainly just fine. Let me know if your interested.
So the layout of these boards was OK and the only possible issue was that some of the traces could have been over cooked?
If that's the case (no cuts and jumpers needed but maybe a trace repair) I'm game. (You take pay-pal? How much with shipping to 33328?)

It's still possible to try the 1284p overclock by lifting the cpu power pins out of the socket and using an extra regulator (with diode to raise the voltage by .6v) to supply the cpu. (Mouser has the '1284 listed a few cents CHEAPER than the '644 last time I looked!).
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

So the layout of these boards was OK and the only possible issue was that some of the traces could have been over cooked? If that's the case (no cuts and jumpers needed but maybe a trace repair) I'm game.
Yep. The board layout is validated, I've built one. I have visually inspected them and they look fine to me.
(You take pay-pal? How much with shipping to 33328?)
Yes I take Paypal. It's ~US10$ to 33328. If your interested, just send me a PM with you shipment address and I'll give you a final quote for the base kit+shipping.

-Uze
Firedawg

Post by Firedawg »

uze6666 wrote:The first batch is sold off. To those who bough boards, check the first post, I've put a list of things to check before ordering parts/building the boards.

-Uze
Uze,

Got my boards! Big thanks. Lots of changes from rev. E1 to F1, so a DK order will have to be submitted/received to complete this board. Not a big deal as I knew this would be the case.

Mike
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Hey Firedawg, thanks for the update!! So that's about a week, not bad at all for regular mail. I've redone the schematic since it violated like every Eagle's design rule, and while included some amelioration that were discussed in the forums or included in derived projects (Like the AVCore). Btw, I found Digikey really awesome lately, since they switched to Fedex you get your order the next freakin day...even in Canada! :mrgreen:

-Uze
trodoss

Post by trodoss »

Uze,
I recieved the Uzebox PCB as well. I am working on assembling the board.
Thanks!
--trodoss
mbaseman

Post by mbaseman »

Please let me know asap when new boards come in and count me in for the kit. If possible, would I be able to purchase kit less ac adapter and R and C components
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Please let me know asap when new boards come in and count me in for the kit. If possible, would I be able to purchase kit less ac adapter and R and C components
Don't worry, when new boards comes available I'll post here. You can also subscribe to the RSS feed or Twitter to get the latest news. I may offer 3 full kits when the boards comes in (but I don't want to manage all sort of combination of kits).

-Uze
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Batch #2 just came in! 10 more PCBs/base kits are now available. I've decided to order some parts to offer a couple full kits (perhaps 3-4).

Check the main post for details.

-Uze
mbaseman

Post by mbaseman »

I've sort of lost track of where we're at. I'd like to purchase the full kit, Is that in yet. I'm chomping at the bits and can't wait to get my gready paws on them. Please let me know when full kit is read and I will purchase. Thanks
Michael Baseman
mbaseman@japanevents.com