Problems burning bootloader

What is a Uzebox? How can I get one? Check here!
doragasu

Re: Problems burning bootloader

Post by doragasu »

Here are some photos:

PCB TOP:

PCB BOTTOM:

doragasu

Post by doragasu »

The improvised STK200 compatible programmer:

doragasu

Post by doragasu »

Assembled:

doragasu

Post by doragasu »

One question... I didn't solder the LED connected to PD4 until now. I have soldered it and it does never light. I tried reversing it without success. Tried then another LED and no luck... Is this normal? When is this LED supposed to light?
doragasu

Post by doragasu »

More photos, now with the boxed PCB. I have to make two drills in the top for the reset button and the LED, but the box is almost finished:

SD Slot:

Rear:

That's all. Any knews about the LED?
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Very cool pictures doragasu and a third pro-grade Uzebox PCB out there...yay!
But not everything shines... the color is a bit dark (even removing the serial 75Ohm resistors) and even worse, I'm missing graphics from the left of the screen. Tetris for example is unplayable because the leftmost block is not visible.

¿Is there a way to fix this? Maybe adding capacitors in the RGB lines?
For the color it's hard to say since you have used an interface unknown to me. Perhaps the required impedance or voltages are not the same as RGB NTSC/PAL. For the Tetris part, well again, that's hard to say. Could it be that the sync signals be different resulting in a shift in the picture? I have not heard of such shift in picture from all the NTSC and PAL Uzeboxes out there. Can you post a picture, perhaps that will ring a bell. Also do you experience this with all games or only Megatris?
Regarding the command, I'm a total noob when talking about AVR microcontrolles (I have used PIC, MSP430, C8051 and ARM, but never AVR) so the way I used to burn fuses maybe is not the best. I used 4 commands, and maybe it can be done with fewer (I suppose one or two). My way:

Code: Select all
avrdude -p m644 -c stk200 -P lpt1 -U flash:w:Bootloader_v2.hex
avrdude -p m644 -c stk200 -P lpt1 -U efuse:w:0xFE:m
avrdude -p m644 -c stk200 -P lpt1 -U hfuse:w:0xD2:m
avrdude -p m644 -c stk200 -P lpt1 -U lfuse:w:0xFF:m
Thanks for posting, I'll add it to the wiki.
I have tried to attach the schematic, but the forum errors every time I try it...
Only certain file types are permitted. Compress it in a zip file, since they are supported.
One question... I didn't solder the LED connected to PD4 until now. I have soldered it and it does never light. I tried reversing it without success. Tried then another LED and no luck... Is this normal? When is this LED supposed to light?
Certain older games compiled with an early kernel didn't turn on the LED. Can you check with a recent game like Donkey Kong or Lode Runner?

-Uze
doragasu

Post by doragasu »

Schematic attached! I can also upload GERBER files if somebody wants them.

I have fixed the dark color issue adding series capacitors to the RGB lines, but I have no clue about fixing the screen displacement problem. It happens with all the games. Here are some photos. The grey bars in the left and right are because of the TV (it's 16:9, and that bars can be added when displaying 4:3 contents, so you can ignore them)

In the bootloader, a complete character is not shown:

Megatris:

Arkanoid:

Maybe I should open another post to request help about this problem...
Attachments
RGBUZEBOX by doragasu.pdf.zip
(18.45 KiB) Downloaded 425 times