making a uzebox (from scratch)

What is a Uzebox? How can I get one? Check here!
speewave

making a uzebox (from scratch)

Post by speewave »

i'm making the uzebox from scratch (opposed to Fuzebox\Uzebox AVCore)

[*] Is it possible to breadboard the system? i just haven't seen it breadboarded
[*] When i get the avr, how do i flash the game loader to it? i've seen the uzebox with the UART\ISP Ports.. but have no clue how they connect in to the chip
[*] also can i include the MIDI Adapter (from Schematic D1?) or was there some kind of incompatability with it.
uze6666
Site Admin

Re: making a uzebox (from scratch)

Post by uze6666 »

i'm making the uzebox from scratch (opposed to Fuzebox\Uzebox AVCore)
Cool, be sure to post some pics!
[*] Is it possible to breadboard the system? i just haven't seen it breadboarded
Sure, one of the very first prototypes was done on a breadboard. Naturally you'll need the SOIC to DIP adapter for the AD725.
[*] When i get the avr, how do i flash the game loader to it? i've seen the uzebox with the UART\ISP Ports.. but have no clue how they connect in to the chip
The game loader is flashed just like any regular AVR programs, using an ISP programmer like the AVRISPMKII from Atmel. So you will have to wire a 6 pin header to the Atmega ISP port as per the schematic.
[*] also can i include the MIDI Adapter (from Schematic D1?) or was there some kind of incompatability with it.
Absolutely. It was removed from the reference design because almost nobody used it and I wanted to simplify the schematic. But the kernel still include the MIDI handling code.

Hope that helps

-Uze