Where do you buy your components?

What is a Uzebox? How can I get one? Check here!
Miniz

Post by Miniz »

Hi, I'm new here!

I fint it especially hard to get the Metal film resistors with these values:

75.0XBK-ND RES 75 OHM 1/4W 1% METAL FILM
301XBK-ND RES 301 OHM 1/4W 1% METAL FILM
562XBK-ND RES 562 OHM 1/4W 1% METAL FILM
806XBK-ND RES 806 OHM 1/4W 1% METAL FILM

Any sugestions on where they are to find?

Also, is it possible to make it pal instead of ntsc? :)

Best regards, miniz.
uze6666
Site Admin

Re: Where do you buy your components?

Post by uze6666 »

Hi miniz, welcome to the Uzebox community. :) The resistor mentioned are ideal parts (1% tolerance) but you can get any 5% resistors of the same values (or close to a few ohms). If you still cant find them let me know the site(s) you are ordering from and I'll look for replacement values. These resistors value can't deviate much because they are used in impedance matching and voltage dividers for the SD interface.

For the PAL, search these forums. The short answer is that is't better to use NTSC even on PAL TVs.

-Uze
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Hi miniz, welcome to the Uzebox community. :) The resistor mentioned are ideal parts (1% tolerance) but you can get any 5% resistors of the same values (or close to a few ohms). If you still cant find them let me know the site(s) you are ordering from and I'll look for replacement values. These resistors value can't deviate much because they are used in impedance matching and voltage dividers for the SD interface.

For the PAL question, search on these forums, there's many topics on the subject. The short answer is that it's better to use NTSC even on PAL TVs.

-Uze
hpglow

Post by hpglow »

I got all the resistors from either Mouser or Digikey. But judging by your desire for PAL I would guess that you are accross the pond from me, and I don't know if there is a local site for either of the two.
TonyD

Post by TonyD »

Hi miniz

if you're in Europe, try:

Farnel - www.farnell.com
RS - http://rswww.com
Rapid Electronics (UK) - www.rapidonline.com/ is another site - they don't stock the AD725 or AVR micro but you'll get better prices for the Rs/C's and other stuff.

Both Mouser and Digikey will deliver to Europe but the postage costs ~ £12 per order.
Miniz

Post by Miniz »

I bought the components from digikey : )
Thanks!