Where can I buy a kit? (UK)

What is a Uzebox? How can I get one? Check here!
jhhoward

Where can I buy a kit? (UK)

Post by jhhoward »

I'm interested in building a uzebox as it looks like a fun little hobby project. I must have missed the initial interest in it as I only discovered the idea a few weeks ago!

I'm an absolute noob when it comes to building hardware so I think a kit would be ideal for me. Can anyone recommend where I can get one shipped to the UK?

James
uze6666
Site Admin

Re: Where can I buy a kit? (UK)

Post by uze6666 »

Hi James,

Glad you like the project! :) A nice and easy to build kit called the EUzebox is specifically made for the EU as it uses a SCART A/V interface. It is 100% compatible with the Uzebox. You can grab one from this site: http://www.hwhardsoft.de/english/webshop/.

Cheers!
jhhoward

Post by jhhoward »

This looks perfect, thanks! The aluminium enclosure also looks pretty neat too :)

One thing I'm not entirely sure about is if my TV has a SCART socket on it. I recently moved country and I'm waiting for my TV to be shipped over, I'll have to take a look when it arrives. I suppose there are probably adapters you can buy.

I have to say the mini arcade cabinet looks really sweet! Maybe a project for another time once I've built up my hardware skills.
Harty123

Post by Harty123 »

jhhoward wrote:This looks perfect, thanks! The aluminium enclosure also looks pretty neat too :)

One thing I'm not entirely sure about is if my TV has a SCART socket on it. I recently moved country and I'm waiting for my TV to be shipped over, I'll have to take a look when it arrives. I suppose there are probably adapters you can buy.
Do you have the brand and model no of your TV for us? We can check the compatibility for you. Take care with SCART adapters - sometimes these adapters have no RGB support...
jhhoward

Post by jhhoward »

I can't remember the exact model number, just that it's a fairly recent Samsung model. It should be arriving within the next week or two so I'll be able to take a proper look then. Thanks for your help!
jhhoward

Post by jhhoward »

OK so my TV arrived, and as I expected there are no SCART sockets on my model. There are composite, component, HDMI and VGA ports available.
The model of TV is a Samsung LA32D550K7R and the manual is available online at Samsung's South African site:
http://www.samsung.com/za/support/model ... -downloads

If I were to buy a Euzebox kit, what would be the recommended way of me connecting to my TV? I've read that composite signals tend to be of poorer quality but not sure if this is something I should be concerned with. I've seen various adapters available online but are there any that I should avoid? I saw adapters from SCART to HDMI but I can't imagine how that would work without an upscaler box?