Downloading Games

What is a Uzebox? How can I get one? Check here!
mbaseman

Downloading Games

Post by mbaseman »

I bought Uzebox because I like retro games and building kits. BUT, I know nothing about coding/programming. I have an STK500, so is anyone willing to walk me through downloading my first game?
uze6666
Site Admin

Re: Downloading Games

Post by uze6666 »

Hi Michael,

There's actually two ways. The easy way is simply put .UZE rom files on the SD card. The card provided in the kit already contains all uzebox games and demos. Have you already built the kit? If so it comes with megatris preprogrammed. You can enter the game loader by pressing any key on P1 controller and pressing the reset button on the console.

The second way to load stuff is to use an ISP programmer. You can use AVR Studio for that, lot of articles on the net about it. Though beware that flashing a game from the ISP prpgrammer will erase the game loader. But it can always be reprogrammed later.
mbaseman

Post by mbaseman »

Thanks for fast reply. Only game I have access to is Megopolis. I can't seem to load games stored on SMD. I tried to push P then reset, like you suggested, but no luck. I'm trying to get this up and running for an X-Mas gift and appreciate youur time in helping me.
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Assuming you meant megatris which is preprogrammed. HOLD any button while resetting