Uzebox Quick Start

What is a Uzebox? How can I get one? Check here!
RafaelDPerez

Re: Uzebox Quick Start

Post by RafaelDPerez »

Hi Uze!

I really appreciate you taking some of your time to answer my question. I think that with this info I can make what I want. Thank you very much and continue enjoying!

Rafael David Pérez
RafaelDPerez

Post by RafaelDPerez »

I need help. I just finished building the PCB adn plugged it to my tv. It shows the menu screen but it has no sound and when I introduce a SD card, it does not recognize it. Please help me!
greenpower

Post by greenpower »

Hi,
Did you introduced the SD card before or after powering the PCB? Oh, and BTW, make shure all your solderings are well done and maybe test every solder of the board with a voltmeter. If it marks arround 5 V it's okay.
Hope that helps.
I know i'm too young, but it doesn't matters. Maybe i'm a newbie, but i can learn very fastly
RafaelDPerez

Post by RafaelDPerez »

Hi greenpower!

I tried introducing the SD card both before and after powering the PCB :( I'm testing the solderings at this very moment.

Thanks for your help,

Rafael David Pérez
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Hi Rafael,

What is the memory size, brand and type (i.e: Sd, SDHC, etc) of your card? The only type that will be recognized is regular SD card (<2G) formatted in FAT16. Btw, if you can't program games how do you know there is no sound? If you have a SPI programmer, try flashing a game directly (like Megatris) and see if sound is still an issue. If you don't have an ISP programmer , you'll have to fix the SD card issue first. Assuming the SD card is ok, as greenpower mentionned, recheck all solders from the Atmega644 to the voltage dividers to the SD connector pins. Use a voltmeter to confirm current is flowing and you don't have any cold solders or open circuit. If you have an oscilloscope, check the SPI pins for signals between the 644 and the SD-card and you can also verify sound, by checking the audio out pin for a square wave.

-Uze
RafaelDPerez

Post by RafaelDPerez »

Hi Uze!

It was a terrible mistake of mine. I was trying to flash games from a 4 GB SDHC card :lol: When a tried with a regular 2GB SD it worked perfectly! Thanks anyways and sorry for bothering you!

Rafael David Pérez
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

It was a terrible mistake of mine. I was trying to flash games from a 4 GB SDHC card When a tried with a regular 2GB SD it worked perfectly!
Great! I love easy fixes like that! :D

-Uze
RafaelDPerez

Post by RafaelDPerez »

Hi Uze!

Where can I find the source codes of the games? And how can I create a .UZE file to load it in a SD card?

Thank,

Rafael David Pérez
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Rafael,

Sources for the official games & demos are here. Otherwise see theWIKI games pages for link to the sources. Note that, unfortunately, not all games have sources available.

To convert HEX to UZE file, check the tool's wiki page here: http://uzebox.org/wiki/index.php?title=Packrom.

Regards,

-Uze
RafaelDPerez

Post by RafaelDPerez »

Uze,

When I downloaded the source codes from the games (.aps y .c files) and tried to open the .aps with AVR Studio 4, it said that the file isn't a AVR Studio4-savefile... What does that mean? And how can I open it in AVR Studio?

Thanks,

Rafael David Pérez