Uzebox Quick Start

What is a Uzebox? How can I get one? Check here!
derek21

Re: Uzebox Quick Start

Post by derek21 »

i reprogram but this time ver 4.0.2 the same problem:( .
I understand that i need sd card and controllers but is normal to ask me " sd init failed. no sd card?"
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

I understand that i need sd card and controllers but is normal to ask me " sd init failed. no sd card?"
Yes, this is the message when no card is inserted or there's a problem with the card. Seems you'll need a card (must not be a SDHC card btw). That or you can flash megatris.hex directly.

-Uze
derek21

Post by derek21 »

Ty Uze i really apreciate. I wish you a good day!:)
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

You're welcome! :)

-Uze
derek21

Post by derek21 »

Uze i buy an 2 gb card and apears on the screen all the games on card :)
But no controllers.

I don t make spam or comerciall to old console but this is the console i have
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxeJAmS4M4Y

I want to ask u if i can modify the controllers from it to be good to uzebox. I didnt solder the nes connector yet
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

I'm not aware of famiclones too much, but I found this schematic about pin mapping. Don't know if it good or not thought. Also note that this is for a NES interface and buttons are returned differently than a SNES controller. Most game will not work if not recompiled for NES controllers. You're much better off getting a used controller from eBay.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/27 ... pinout.png

-Uze
derek21

Post by derek21 »

Thx again Uze but the link doesn t work :(
i have the solution here : http://davr.org/snes/joystick.txt
I posted if someone else wants to make modifications.
All good now , from now one i am on my one :)
Sorry for the multiple questions but i just wanted to know that everithing works fine.
Now that i have a good base i can learn about games and how u think the whole project.
Thx a lot! :) Congratulations once again
derek21

Post by derek21 »

The boot loader (aka GameLoader) is a small program that take 4K of the total 64K of program space and stays always flashed on the mega644. When you reset the console, this program executes and display the boot menu with all games it founds on the SD card. When you select a game, it flashes the remaining 60K of program space with the game and jumps to that game's first instruction. It important to note that the bootloader requires special .UZE files to be put the SD card. .UZE files are special binary version of .HEX files with an added header block. The packrom Uzebox tool is used to convert HEX to UZE. You can dowload the game pack with all UZE file from Google Code repository here.

Games in .UZE format can then be simply dragged on a SD card from you Windows/Linux/Mac shell. The SD card must not be SDHC ( <= 2 Gigs) and it must not be fragmented, so re-format the card before putting games on it.

Hope that helps,

-Uze[/quote]

I have notice that hex on the sd card can t be played, only uze

I just learned how to use emulator but i can t figure out how to transform hex to uze (i found some hex not converted in uze)
greenpower

Post by greenpower »

Use packrom from the uzebox svn.
Just make a new file with the notepad wich says the name of the game and save it as a game.properties file and use it with packrom and the .hex file.
I know i'm too young, but it doesn't matters. Maybe i'm a newbie, but i can learn very fastly
nuhamind2

Post by nuhamind2 »

Hi I'm new to this,but my understanding is that each time a game is launched, the rom memory is flashed and consume the limit of write/erase cycle of the flash memory ??