Hello!!!!!!!??

What is a Uzebox? How can I get one? Check here!
armon

Hello!!!!!!!??

Post by armon »

Hello to all here, I'm new to the forum but basically I recently purchased the uzebox an was planning on using it as a prototype to design an build my on console for senior design and also I planned to use for experience in video game design and coding.
I had a few questions that if someone would be so kind to give me a couple of answers
1st what language would u be coding in for the video game ?

2nd is how strong are the graphics? Like is it strong enough for me to create a version of snes mario 3 or is it just strong enough for nes super Mario?

3rd can I build on to the uzebox to make it stronger?
JRoatch

Re: Hello!!!!!!!??

Post by JRoatch »

1. C is the optimal language. Assembly is used in the kernel for time critical stuff like the video output.
  2. The fixed palette is not as good as a SNES, but it's still RBG. The pixel possessing power is about NES level, but different.
  3. Yes. Everything, including the hardware design, is under GPL3, and occasionally CC-BY-SA.
uze6666
Site Admin

Re: Hello!!!!!!!??

Post by uze6666 »

Hi armon

To add to Jroatch comment, games possible on the Uzebox are in the range of NES but with colors more SNES style.
As it is, the Uzebox can't be really be made more powerful mainly because it is based on a general pupose Atmega644. What you gain in simplicity you loose in power...the old dilemna eh. That said, check out the STM32 thread on these forums for some potentially more powerful succesor to the current Uzebox.

Uze