Pier Solar!

Share unrelated electronics stuff, ideas, rants, etc!
Flecko

Pier Solar!

Post by Flecko »

I don't typically get this excited about Sega Genesis games, but maaaaaan...this one is 6 years in the making!

If you haven't stumbled across this already, please check it out: Pier Solar and the Great Architects! An amazing passion project from that people that frequent the Eidolons Inn forums. Granted, back when my Sega CD got struck by lightning sometime in the late 90's, I was a regular visitor to the Eidolons site hoping that there would be a way to play all my Sega CD games again someday. But I never thought a phoenix would rise from the ashes like this.

Apparently the forum members there decided to make their own game and Piers Solar and the Great Architects is the fruit of their labor. I haven't played it yet, but I just applaud their stick-to-it-ive-ness. A Youtube gameplay trailer can be seen here:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt1bcAD6wng[/youtube]

Granted, its not the most exciting trailer, but its pretty amazing none the less. I think they still have some actual cartridges left for sale if you hurry.
Sooo inspiring.
Thoughts from all us nostalgia ridden Uzeboxers?
uze6666
Site Admin

Re: Pier Solar!

Post by uze6666 »

Wow, looks amazing for a fan made game...it's definitively not a lone programmer's job I think! The graphics are nice and detailed, very professional looking indeed.

Ahhh I wish I could start some collaborative project like this...perhaps a new Castlevania game! :lol:

-Uze
paul

Post by paul »

That's very impressive! Congrats to them.
Flecko

Post by Flecko »

*ouch*

I hear you Uze. I need to finish my basement remodel and get my concentration back on Uzebox related projects.
A Castlevania-ish game would be great :D
nebososo

Post by nebososo »

It looks pretty awesome and professional. I wish I still had my console.
I'm surprised they sell the cartridges :D .