Another NES Raspberry Pi build

Share unrelated electronics stuff, ideas, rants, etc!
kivan117

Another NES Raspberry Pi build

Post by kivan117 »

Hey guys! Late last year I decided to finally build something I'd been trying to get around to for years. Back in college I first learned of people stuffing a microATX pc into their old NES and running their emulators on it. Naturally I wanted to do the same, but I hated the way a lot of the builds altered the look of the original NES shell with holes cut in the back for the various cables. Well, years passed and the Raspberry Pi became a thing, and I decided to finally build my own emulation machine for my living room. One big factor for me though was I wanted it to look, from the outside, like it was all original. It was my first real soldering project and had it not been for this project I wouldn't have bought and assembled my first Uzebox kit either.

Figured you guys would at least appreciate the project. Here's a video breakdown I originally made for a buddy of mine at a moment's notice a few months back because he wanted to see the project once it was done. I apologize for the terrible cinematography. I don't have 3 hands and only had a phone to capture the moment with.

greg

Re: Another NES Raspberry Pi build

Post by greg »

Really cool, I found my project for the summer.
uze6666
Site Admin

Re: Another NES Raspberry Pi build

Post by uze6666 »

Hehe, I would also have aimed for a totally stock enclosure, very nice work!