own uzebox contest?

Share unrelated electronics stuff, ideas, rants, etc!
schepers_cp

Re: own uzebox contest?

Post by schepers_cp » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:13 pm

Well, I'm willing to offer 200 for the sub catogory rts, as stated in my own contest.
Even though I am figuring out how to create one of my own~

Harty123

Post by Harty123 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:10 pm

uze6666 wrote:So there seems to be interest in a UCC2014 after all eh?! 8-) I don't have much loot for prizes this year (~400$) but I can always provide hardware...of the Uzebox type or perhaps some other cool electronic kits? I'm open to suggestions, if there's other contributor for prizes I'm all for it. We should launch it quickly then...I'll make the artwork, rules etc within a week or so. If we can come up with a special theme/angle this year, the better. I'll need help to broadcast on social networks. Shoot your ideas!
Yes of course - we should start a contest in 2014!!! I will sponsor some prizes (as for the UCC2013). For example 3 Simon Says DIY kits...

schepers_cp

Post by schepers_cp » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:27 pm

another idea as prizes: limited euzebox cases engraved with the euzebox logo in the top ;)
also, i have some ic's i don't need at all, so i can put that in the prizepot as well
4x cd4067be ic's
2x lm386 (including ic feet) ic's
1x atmega644P dip (including ic feet) ic (replacement if you broke your uzebox) <<you'll need to flash the euzebox bootloader on it for it to work!

i also got one raspberry pi model b including psu and a case from shortcrust (look it up ;) to offer in the prizepot
plus 8x male to female/male header ententions.
and 5x breadboards with 700 contacts each to expiriment on

CunningFellow

Post by CunningFellow » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:59 am

Well - if Uze is putting down $400 for the overall, Schepers puts in $200 for a RTS sub category then I will put down $200 for a Novice/Junior category.

I may offer do up some Uzebox hardware also. I am working on two things at the moment. One of them should be on instructables in a week or two.