Mame cab build.

Share unrelated electronics stuff, ideas, rants, etc!
hpglow

Re: Mame cab build.

Post by hpglow »

For this weekend I hope to make a couple things happen. One I need to dim that green cathode on the right somehow to make the yellow not look so dim. I'm not sure if I'm going to go the easy route and just dust it with some white paint or the hard route and put some resistors in line somewhere. Next I need to figure out how to put a right angle on that headphone jack to get the cord out of the screen. I'm broke so this may involve some soldering iron time (I don't know if buying an adapter is in the budget.) Finally, I need to rip apart the PC speakers, cut holes somewhere in the cab, and then mount them in there somewhere.

If I have time after that I need to hide an escape key somewhere and wire up the LEDs on the coin and start buttons.
Attachments
Speakers1.jpg
Speakers1.jpg (83.92 KiB) Viewed 16183 times
hpglow

Post by hpglow »

Progress has slowed a tad. Two weeks ago I got metal shards into my eye working on trim for the cab. It took a good 5 days to recover from that. Since then it has been pretty nice here so I've been spending time with my 3yo daughter. The speakers have been implanted into the cab, but I wasn't careful with the PCB and it got shorted while I was doing some mock up and the power supply cooked. P2 controls are still not wired just because I have been lazy. I hope to have some more updates soon as well as some pics.
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Sorry to hear about the eyes. I like to cut/grind/weld/build air suspension stuff and I don't like safety glasses...so I know your pain. It's because "oh it will just be quick, just get it done"...then it hurts :x

The cab is looking good and completion looks to be around the corner, keep up the good work on your project :ugeek:
hpglow

Post by hpglow »

D3thAdd3r wrote:Sorry to hear about the eyes. I like to cut/grind/weld/build air suspension stuff and I don't like safety glasses...so I know your pain. It's because "oh it will just be quick, just get it done"...then it hurts :x

The cab is looking good and completion looks to be around the corner, keep up the good work on your project :ugeek:
Thanks, you know I'm a certified welder and a licensed electrician. There isn't a contractor that wouldn't at least write me up for not wearing safety glasses and many will terminate you instantly for grinding without a face shield. But I guess I figured the laws of physics didn't apply at home. Sadly I never get hurt at work but make simple errors at the house.