Cutlass Cove

Share unrelated electronics stuff, ideas, rants, etc!
paul

Cutlass Cove

Post by paul »

Hi guys,

My brother and I started a casual games development studio a while back now and our debut game is nearing release. Keep an eye out for Cutlass Cove for iPhone, iPod & iPad.

You can check the game out at our website or drop by the Touch Arcade thread and let me know your thoughts. I certainly wouldn't complain about the thread bump ;-) I'll be trying to promote it in whatever way I can over the next few weeks, but I wanted to post it here because this is where I made my first game: Pacman! And it was Uze's fantastic system that got me into writing games in the first place.

I hope you enjoy the preview video! That's my brother Adrian commentating. There's a HD version on YouTube.

uze6666
Site Admin

Re: Cutlass Cove

Post by uze6666 »

Congrats to you and your brother Paul! The games you released for the Uzebox were (and still are) among the most complex and well documented to date. I was pretty sure you would leverage those skills at some point in time. :) After seeing B.C Dash and Cutlass Cove, it's obvious you have a sense for good game play dynamics. I wish you good luck, I hope that endeavor works well for you! :mrgreen:

-Uze
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Congratulations, Cheeky Mammoth and Cutlass Cove are top notch stuff; very impressive looking title there! From the short time ago you left us... :( ( :lol: I'm kidding) to now, you have put together a professional looking game studio, debut game, and are ready to launch into the market. Clearly you have really been have making things happen in a big way and I would wager that game is going to be a good seller from what I'm seeing. Everything about that looks fun with very original elements, also the art style is quite appealing. To make money doing what you love has to be a great feeling. Very excited to see this Paul, best of luck to you :)

PS. Perhaps a Cheeky Mammoth facebook page would help promotion, you have one guaranteed "like" already ;)
paul

Post by paul »

Thanks for the well wishes, guys!

Lee: I agree with your Facebook idea (and I'll take you up on that "like" offer), but we're trying to get Facebook to unlock our name. At some point in the not too distant future we will have to give up on that hope and settle with an alternative Facebook username.
Flecko

Post by Flecko »

Man...that game looks extremely well polished and seems like it'd be a blast to play!

Congratulations on finishing a fine game. If I get my hands on an iOS device anytime after it's released, I'll be sure to give it a whirl so I can see it first hand. The video made me want to play it though.

Way to go!
-Flecko
greenpower

Post by greenpower »

It looks amazing! It looks very polite and tidy, and the UI is simple but great!
If I could take my hands into a iOS device sure I'll play it.
I know i'm too young, but it doesn't matters. Maybe i'm a newbie, but i can learn very fastly
paul

Post by paul »

Thanks, greenpower!

Cheeky Mammoth is now on Facebook! Drop by and say hi, if you're so inclined: http://www.facebook.com/CheekyMammoth
paul

Post by paul »

Hi folks!

Cheeky Mammoth is proud to announce Cutlass Cove - a uniquely addictive pirate action game incorporating completely original concepts for iPhone, iPod and iPad! Check out the release trailer:

We'd like to welcome the Uzebox community to drop by our website and enter the Cutlass Cove 'Rogues of the Sea' contest to compete for a new iPad and other great prizes.

There's also a Lite version available if you're saving your ducats this week ;-)