Video Engine Documentation Part IV

Topics on software tools like TileStudio, comments on documentation and tutorials (or the lack of) should go here.
feedback

Video Engine Documentation Part IV

Post by feedback »

Hi, is there a draft of the Video Engine documentation?
I would love to see it appear on the site.
Jhysaun

Re: Video Engine Documentation Part IV

Post by Jhysaun »

To my knowledge there is not much documentation, but I recommend just looking at programs like the sprite demo or megatris, or going into the Videocore.c and . s and looking at the functions. If you have any questions just post them and Ill try to answer them.( and when I fail someone else will come and answer them :D )
Lerc wrote:I intend to use my powerful skills of procrastination to ensure that when I get to making things, the chips will be available.
uze6666
Site Admin

Re: Video Engine Documentation Part IV

Post by uze6666 »

There's so much variation between all video modes, I won't be able to cover them all. Specially the actual mode2 tiles+sprites is *very* complex. Plus, the new 'mode3' (new sprites engine) is a moving target and not finished coding. Plus the sync code sucks. Plus...

Well, you get the idea. ;)

I'm not really ready to document the video engine(s). But as Jhysaun said, try starting by deciphering uzeboxVideoEngineCore.s. The "entry point", when the kernel kicks in, is the TIMER1_COMPA_vect function. If you have questions, feel free to ask...

Uze