GUI-based packrom utility

Topics on software tools like TileStudio, comments on documentation and tutorials (or the lack of) should go here.
uze6666
Site Admin

Re: GUI-based packrom utility

Post by uze6666 »

I've installed Ubuntu during the weekend. I tested the tool and the map tool I'm working on and they don't work (GPF). Perhaps it's because the apps are being targeted for .NET 4.0 which has only partial support in MONO. Targeting for .NET 2.0 would have better chance to work it seems. So I'll try a simple form app with that older version to see what happens.

-Uze
DaveyPocket

Post by DaveyPocket »

I'm using Visual Studio 2010 which I do believe has the latest framework version. I figured it wouldn't work because of this. Maybe I could try building using older version or simplify as you said.

In the mean time, I have Packrom 0.2.5 ready.

Changes:

-Packrom now saves correctly. It is now safe to open, modify, and re-save your .uze files
-Added functionality to the "save" menu option. Rewrites over currently open .uze file
-Added file filter when opening files

Once I get the time to learn SVN I will upload the binaries and the source to the Uzebox SVN repository.
Attachments
PackromGUI0_2_5.zip
V 0.2.5
(72.51 KiB) Downloaded 558 times
greenpower

Post by greenpower »

That's fantastic! You are making something pretty interesting!
This makes things more easy, if you are like me, because I can use perefectly the "cmd" application, but I'm more comfortable with a GUI. Keep it up!

BTW I love to know that you are working on making it cross-platform.
I know i'm too young, but it doesn't matters. Maybe i'm a newbie, but i can learn very fastly
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Once I get the time to learn SVN I will upload the binaries and the source to the Uzebox SVN repository.
What about writing a short wiki tutorial while your at it? ;)
I'm using Visual Studio 2010 which I do believe has the latest framework version. I figured it wouldn't work because of this. Maybe I could try building using older version or simplify as you said.
I also use VS express 2010. However I noticed that in the project's properties you can select which version of the framework to use. By default it's 4.0 but you can go back to 2.0. For earlier versions, seems you need 3.5 installed. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb398202.aspx

-Uze
DaveyPocket

Post by DaveyPocket »

Packrom 0.3 is ready!

Changes:

-Hex files can now be loaded and converted to .uze files, now this program does something useful!
-CRC32 is generated for loaded hex file.

I would like you all to try this out and post feedback and report any bugs. I know that the CRC32 and program size don't save in the .uze header yet. I didn't compile this one in the older .NET framework, sorry for those using MONO, but it might not work right.
Attachments
PackromGUI0_3.zip
V 0.3
(93.69 KiB) Downloaded 556 times
DaveyPocket

Post by DaveyPocket »

Now that I have free time, I finished the 0.3.5 release. I've been meaning to upload it for a while but never found the time.

Changes:

-Graphics editor (Partially complete)
-A few bug fixes
Attachments
PackromGUI_0_3_5.zip
(55.31 KiB) Downloaded 580 times
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Great work!
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Great! :D
DaveyPocket

Post by DaveyPocket »

Here are the sources for PackromGUI, I probably won't have time to get back to this or any of the Uzebox stuff I've been working on until the start of summer which is when my free time begins. In the mean time, if anyone wants to mess around with it, go ahead.

The program is written in VB .NET. Mind the messy and un-commented code :oops:
Attachments
PackromGUI sources.zip
Latest source code, some version > 0.3.5
(361.01 KiB) Downloaded 521 times
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Thanks for sharing Brad! :) I'll add it to the source control.