WIP - Back to nature

Use this forum to share and discuss Uzebox games and demos.
Kilo

Re: WIP - Back to nature

Post by Kilo »

Oh okay...
Looks good. Thank you.
I will use this in the future!
I took this input handling from Uze and his Megatris :D

EDIT:
What you said with pressing twice when Settings are LOW, you are right!!
Little bug in the code :D
Get it right tomorrow!
The last digit of Pi is 7! I calculated this, as I counted to infinity yesterday!
Jubatian

Post by Jubatian »

Kilo wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:42 pm Yep it feels very annoying but hey... it's from 1982 :D
Like I wrote, I choosed a simple gameplay to start again programming. :P

Thank you for help but I think I will finished this small game very fast and without an own viedo mode. It's okay ;)
But you're right, it's mode 1 with 6x8 tilesize. Wow. Eagle eyes!! :D

You never replied to my hungarian allusions :D
Sorry, saw them (the Hungarian tidbits), just was a little overwhelmed on the weekend to take a notice! :)

For the video mode we will see. There is a nice Plus4 puzzle-adventure game, Castle Matcher whose author is my friend, and I am very much thinking about a port, although it is a complex game (it is written in Basic but still), and I have lots of own ideas as well to get across. But one step towards that would be an useful 40x25 attribute mode for the Uzebox.

Well, annoying... It is probably not that annoying like Flappy Bird, and still, just look at how succesful was that thing! :P (Maybe it isn't annoying enough then?)
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Looks pretty cool so far. Pressing left right away and mashing B looks to break something, but it will be cool to see where this goes. Graphics are nice.
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

D3thAdd3r wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:46 am Looks pretty cool so far. Pressing left right away and mashing B looks to break something, but it will be cool to see where this goes. Graphics are nice.
Yes I know... there's a little bug in the demo.
I eas too fast to show you something :)

Now the controlling is better and I will add some bugs for the frog in order to eat.
The last digit of Pi is 7! I calculated this, as I counted to infinity yesterday!
Jubatian

Post by Jubatian »

Eh, would you like to try out a possibly more appropriate video mode for this game? :D

(So turns out I finished the mode earlier than I anticipated, it should make porting easier as you should be able to reproduce the original screens of the game. Also it uses a lot less ROM).