Uzebox burn-in tester

Use this forum to share and discuss Uzebox games and demos.
ry755

Re: Uzebox burn-in tester

Post by ry755 »

D3thAdd3r wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:55 am I thought Uzem can't run a bootloader at all...
No, I mean running the burn-in tester. I've tried uzem and Cuzebox. Both the .hex and .uze show errors.
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Ha, I am getting my threads mixed up here :lol:
Jubatian

Post by Jubatian »

ry755 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:08 am
D3thAdd3r wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:55 am I thought Uzem can't run a bootloader at all...
No, I mean running the burn-in tester. I've tried uzem and Cuzebox. Both the .hex and .uze show errors.
Could you post a screenshot of this? I tested the burn-in tester in both emulators (actually developed with CUzeBox), and for me they both worked. I tested since I was interested in whether the emulators emulate the AVR correctly, including Uzem which is still useful for some features it has what CUzeBox lacks.

Also tell what build options you used where applicable, that how I can reproduce the versions of the emulators or the burn-in tester (if you compiled that yourself, too) which you use and show the result you are experiencing (I need this info as currently in my environment I experience no fault). Don't forget the screenshot so I see which fault the burn-in tester reports.
ry755

Post by ry755 »

Here it is running in the online version of Cuzebox:
https://i.imgur.com/floTZHk.png

The .uze file is the one from your first post. (Same thing happens with the .hex)

uzem is the one from the Github repo. I didn't change anything. I would upload the uzem executable, but it won't compile again for me. (I did just update to macOS 10.13, so maybe that changed something.)
Jubatian

Post by Jubatian »

ry755 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:27 am Here it is running in the online version of Cuzebox:
https://i.imgur.com/floTZHk.png

The .uze file is the one from your first post. (Same thing happens with the .hex)

uzem is the one from the Github repo. I didn't change anything. I would upload the uzem executable, but it won't compile again for me. (I did just update to macOS 10.13, so maybe that changed something.)
That's all in green, what's the problem? :D

Maybe I should replace the screenshot in the top post, though! That's an older version which didn't have the module counts of the tester, so it just output a big rectangular array. If you saw red or orange boxes, that would indicate error, gray boxes tests which never got to execute. So this current version just displays boxes for the modules actually existing, that's all.
ry755

Post by ry755 »

Ah ok :oops:

But what about the fault code error at the top? There's no way that's supposed to happen.
Jubatian

Post by Jubatian »

ry755 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:19 am Ah ok :oops:

But what about the fault code error at the top? There's no way that's supposed to happen.
You mean the labels above the boxes? Those are just that, labels, so you can identify the box easier if one turned in red or orange (I will complete the charset later, it didn't have the '|' character to use for a vertical bar which way it would be more apparent that those are lines with arrows on their ends. I even have some tiles to spare, so maybe I will rather draw those proper avoiding the use of ambiguous ASCII-art).
Artcfox

Post by Artcfox »

Oh, I thought those were faults as well. If you can add a legend to the tester itself, and update the screenshot it would definitely be less confusing.
ry755

Post by ry755 »

Jubatian wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:40 am You mean the labels above the boxes? ...
Oh I understand it now. I think a new screenshot would be a good idea so we know what's good and what's bad.

Sorry for wasting your time.
Last edited by ry755 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jubatian

Post by Jubatian »

ry755 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:24 pm(...) I think a new screenshot would be a good idea so we know what's good and what's bad.
Added for now, I think tomorrow I will work a bit on it, so then it will again change slightly.