Pong

Use this forum to share and discuss Uzebox games and demos.
D3thAdd3r

Re: Pong

Post by D3thAdd3r »

You know..Warlords is a simple but surprisingly fun multiplayer game, would be bad ass if someone were to do that (*hint*hint*) ;)
orthopteroid

Post by orthopteroid »

Thanks for educating the uninitiated - http://www.riffraffgames.com/cgi-bin/ab ... llywar.cgi appears to be a homebrew of that game. Looks like it was very fun.
Adrastos

Post by Adrastos »

D3thAdd3r wrote:You know..Warlords is a simple but surprisingly fun multiplayer game, would be bad ass if someone were to do that (*hint*hint*) ;)
I'll look into it, it doesn't look that hard to actually do.

Biggest question would be - how to do 4 players? Use an SNES multitap (anyone know the insides of one of these? just a bunch of 4021's or what?)? Make your own (my favourite)?
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

It would be a really cool game to have for Uzebox. I'd say just use the standard multi-tap since they are still available cheaply. I *think* after you read the first controller on the tap you just keep clocking it for the second,third,etc. I'm sure if a 4 player game comes into existence, someone will update the kernel to support the multi-tap(s). Some rudimentary AI shouldn't be that hard either, though of course every extra thing takes significant time like you know. Would be pretty cool for the fabled Uzebox Live too.
Speeddemon

Post by Speeddemon »

Great job you did on pong dave cograts bro !!!!! Now if you or anybody here can port get vectrex mind storm working on uzebox I be one big greatfull happy c :) :D ampe :D r !!!???? :) :idea: :) any uzebox game programers wana take this one on ????????
Attachments
03_Vectrex.jpeg
03_Vectrex.jpeg (5.36 KiB) Viewed 4104 times
mine_storm.jpeg
mine_storm.jpeg (2.74 KiB) Viewed 4104 times
minestorm.jpeg
minestorm.jpeg (40.23 KiB) Viewed 4104 times