Boulderdash

Use this forum to share and discuss Uzebox games and demos.
AJX

Re: Boulderdash

Post by AJX »

pragma wrote: LOL. :lol: Were you aware of the irony of cannibalizing parts from Ms. Ellsworth's C64 retro-console, in order to bring life to another retro-console, so you could re-create a C64 era game? That's awesome.
Haha! I never thought of like that :D

My next port will have to be a SNES game to make up for the joypad i had to cut the plug off.

Anyway, i'm more of a hardware guy so the souce code is, erm, a bit messy. I'll try and tidy it up, fix the joypad button bug and release it.

Btw, I have 2 dtv64's so canibalising one didn't feel so bad and be assured, i'll return it to its former glory when i receive a replacement crystal :)
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Just played a couple games, congrats very well done...and fun too! :D

Cheers,

Uze
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Quick comment, the old mode1 gives a hard time to my capture card. Seems it don't like the 522 lines rendering a was using then. If you get a change to upgrade your game to the latest kernel, that would solve the issue. Alternatively, I think changing this constant in uzeboxVideoEngineCore.s should do the trick:

Code: Select all

#define SYNC_HSYNC_PULSES 253
Uze
AJX

Post by AJX »

uze6666 wrote:Quick comment, the old mode1 gives a hard time to my capture card. Seems it don't like the 522 lines rendering a was using then. If you get a change to upgrade your game to the latest kernel, that would solve the issue. Alternatively, I think changing this constant in uzeboxVideoEngineCore.s should do the trick:

Code: Select all

#define SYNC_HSYNC_PULSES 253
Uze
Ah, I'll give that a go and post an updated version.
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

So, where's the sources?!? :D

-Uze
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

AJX wrote:Anyway, i'm more of a hardware guy so the souce code is, erm, a bit messy. I'll try and tidy it up, fix the joypad button bug and release it.
Man, if you ever feel bad about sloppy source code just take a gander at mine some time;you will get an immediate ego boost :lol:

I noticed that AJX has logged in this year, so I am hoping he does occasionally check the forums still. If you notice this(or check your PMs), please throw all the source in a .zip file if you still have it, so we will be able to rebuild it with newer kernel versions in the future. No need to clean it up or anything like that, thanks :)