Flight of a Dragon

Use this forum to share and discuss Uzebox games and demos.
Jubatian

Re: Flight of a Dragon

Post by Jubatian »

The game is complete! If you want to try it right away, it is here (binaries on the master branch on GitHub). I won't tell more for now, just play it and see :)
Artcfox

Post by Artcfox »

Jubatian wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:47 pm The game is complete! If you want to try it right away, it is here (binaries on the master branch on GitHub). I won't tell more for now, just play it and see :)
Sweet! More levels. :)

I seem to get stuck trying to jump up the cliffs in the upper world. The only trick I've found is to run really far back and then pick up enough speed and time the jump just right, but sometimes it takes me ten tries to get up there, meanwhile I'm being shot. I guess I just need to practice more.
Jubatian

Post by Jubatian »

Artcfox wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:54 pm I seem to get stuck trying to jump up the cliffs in the upper world. The only trick I've found is to run really far back and then pick up enough speed and time the jump just right, but sometimes it takes me ten tries to get up there, meanwhile I'm being shot. I guess I just need to practice more.
I added some hints to the Wiki page. Yep, it will be a smaller nightmare to get up there... Unless you gave it a bit of rest so the poor dragon could recuperate a bit after that intense jump & running! The third bar from the left represents your energy, the game will be sure a nightmare if you try to push forth with him nearly collapsing of exhaustion! With him properly rested (has at least one bar there), running for it will get you up, if you are lucky, even without grabbing on the ledge!
Artcfox

Post by Artcfox »

Jubatian wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:20 pm
Artcfox wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:54 pm I seem to get stuck trying to jump up the cliffs in the upper world. The only trick I've found is to run really far back and then pick up enough speed and time the jump just right, but sometimes it takes me ten tries to get up there, meanwhile I'm being shot. I guess I just need to practice more.
I added some hints to the Wiki page. Yep, it will be a smaller nightmare to get up there... Unless you gave it a bit of rest so the poor dragon could recuperate a bit after that intense jump & running! The third bar from the left represents your energy, the game will be sure a nightmare if you try to push forth with him nearly collapsing of exhaustion! With him properly rested (has at least one bar there), running for it will get you up, if you are lucky, even without grabbing on the ledge!
Oh, I had no idea he could get tired! I've just always ran at full speed trying to go as fast as possible.
L4rry

Post by L4rry »

Jubatian wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:47 pm The game is complete! If you want to try it right away, it is here (binaries on the master branch on GitHub). I won't tell more for now, just play it and see :)
:o

Awesome man! I've been looking forward to the completed game. I will have to avoid 'uzebox.org/forums' until I finish it to avoid any spoilers. My Sunday is now booked out :)
nicksen782

Post by nicksen782 »

I updated the online version with the new version.

The controls seem better. New music too? Is this alpha or complete?

Great job!
Artcfox

Post by Artcfox »

nicksen782 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:28 am I updated the online version with the new version.

The controls seem better. New music too? Is this alpha or complete?

Great job!
Is the demo version still up so people can play the UCC entry as it existed during the contest?
nicksen782

Post by nicksen782 »

No it is not. But that sounds like a great idea for a new category, UCC.

Should existing links point to the UCC version or the new version?
Artcfox

Post by Artcfox »

nicksen782 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:45 pm No it is not. But that sounds like a great idea for a new category, UCC.

Should existing links point to the UCC version or the new version?
I would say keep the existing link pointing at the UCC version, because I don't know how many people bookmarked it at the current URL, and assign the full version a new ID. Does that sound good?
Artcfox

Post by Artcfox »

Now that I know that I can rest, I can make it to level 3!