New games

Use this forum to share and discuss Uzebox games and demos.
fuzebox321

New games

Post by fuzebox321 »

Circus charlie, elevator action is good game for make
D3thAdd3r

Re: New games

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Elevator Action is a good one, either game should be quite doable on Uzebox. People I think, easily can come up with more ideas than they would ever have time to complete. But certain ideas just hit certain people strongly enough that they will take action to make it reality. So I think ideas require ambition and work to mean anything.

I see there was a similar thread here. If it has been a long term interest, I think you should do it. People only get interested in someone else's idea if they can see some kind of work, progress, or clear path that they are doing. Then people can understand the person's interest, and then people want to help because they want to see that person succeed at the personal mission they now understand.

If you don't know how to program(in the C language), you could learn and maybe even complete Circus Charlie sometime next year. Learning programming enough, and then making a complete game, would probably be hundreds of hours of research, thinking, learning, and effort. No one is capable of doing that, unless it is interesting enough to them. The "figuring it out" is the easy part.
Kerby

Post by Kerby »

Elevator Action I really like, it is not boring to play! On our console, it should be mandatory. Maybe I'm ever going to try to do it ... Circus Charlie, I also wanted to do last year, but the majority of my projects is frozen for an indefinite period ... :(
fuzebox321

Post by fuzebox321 »

A game maker for atmega644 fuzebox, it make bipmap and c and transform in hex for fuzebox.

http://bentibbetts.net/animo/
version gamemaker43 it's good

ignore install of Windows 8
Gosma

Post by Gosma »

I really like Elevator action, i'll try to do some game like this someday, but now is kind of out of my programmer league :D :D :D

I'm really stuck on my second game, hope to finish it someday :D
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

I don't think anyone will spend the time to make such a thing as Game Maker for Uzebox. The kernel already provides everything you need to get a game up and going quickly. I spent time on a Game Maker-esque thing when I was a kid, but immediately it becomes obvious you can't even have a real game without writing a bunch of scripts. It is like training wheels on a bike: soon you realize they are just extra drag slowing you down and making what you want to do more difficult.
fuzebox321

Post by fuzebox321 »