Tank Fu

Use this forum to share and discuss Uzebox games and demos.
L4rry

Re: Tank Fu

Post by L4rry »

Nicksen782 wrote:I originally set the wrong version to be the version presented. Then I deleted each and re-uploaded. I must have forgotten to sync again. Is it correct now?
Nope, still the wrong one. I suspect it might be the case of the UZE file name. v1.2.0 is all uppercase. The previous version wasn't (I've done this to be compatible with the case of the uze files on the SD card as received from Adafruit)
nicksen782

Post by nicksen782 »

Okay. This time I think I got it right.
L4rry

Post by L4rry »

nicksen782 wrote:Okay. This time I think I got it right.
Yup, latest version is now running there :) Thanks!
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

The new AI adds a lot of variety to the VS CPU mode, nice work!
L4rry

Post by L4rry »

Release v2.0 is now available. I've updated the wiki and original topic post. Here are the changes:

(v2.0)
- Released JAMMA compatible ROMS.
-- 1 credit 1 player.
-- 2 credits 2 players.
-- No other game play elements have been changed.
-- Adherence to Softswitch DIP switch standard.
- Made use of kernel function 'GetPrngNumber'.
- Implemented attribution and version screen.

Sadly, I couldn't test the JAMMA ROMS on hardware, but have tested it on the emulator.
nicksen782

Post by nicksen782 »

This game is still one of my favorites. Great work!

I updated Tank Fu on the Online Player. I did not include the JAMMA version. Should I add it also?
L4rry

Post by L4rry »

nicksen782 wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:12 pm This game is still one of my favorites. Great work!

I updated Tank Fu on the Online Player. I did not include the JAMMA version. Should I add it also?
Thank you, I'm glad you still enjoy it :) It's hopefully even a little better now as a single player experience :)

No, no need to add the JAMMA version online as it won't be playable without two controllers
as the second controller handles the coin inserts as per the JAMMA controller layout.
L4rry

Post by L4rry »

Hey Guys! I've created release v3.0 for Tank Fu. It adds support for peer to peer local multiplayer over Wifi (ESP8266).
Here are the details:
  • Peer to Peer local multiplayer over ESP8266. No external access point required.
  • Tested on SDK Version 1.5.4.1 with AT version 1.2.0.0. Requires Transparent UDP support.
  • Replaced floating point calculations with fixed point calculation to free up cycles, RAM and flash.
  • Replaced PCM audio effects with wave table based effects to free up flash.
  • Adjusted 'The Canal' level to allow access for Tanks to cross. Makes for more interesting AI play.
This release is in anticipation of the Uzebox Portable becoming available. With this release, two player gaming will now be possible
across two portables with ESP-12f modules. No external access point required :)

The binaries are linked in the original comment of this topic
nicksen782

Post by nicksen782 »

Super excited! I'll be trying this tonight!

... of course, I'll need to build my second Uzebox and hook it up to another television. WORTH IT!

Job well done!

I totally intend to pick up two Uzebox portables when they become available just for this reason alone.

I can update the Online Emulator's copy with the new version 3. Are there any new features aside from the networking?

EDIT: I just read your other post. You've updated quite a bit. Awesome, I'll have this updated online by tonight.
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

This is awesome!!

Would you mind posting a video of multiplayer in action? I think there are many not in your position to easily set such a thing up at the moment; myself included! I am really curious what the latency plays out like in a real time game.