Bomber

Use this forum to share and discuss Uzebox games and demos.
uze6666
Site Admin

Re: Bomber

Post by uze6666 »

Kerby wrote:Hi!
No work on the game is not finished yet. At the moment there is a working version 1.07. Major update - general optimization, the initial menu screen appears, the table records, funny font text :o .
More need to add the pause menu during the game (for an explanation of tips) and a few sound effects. I have already said, this project is my close friend and he promised to soon finish the job completely.
Cool, no rush, just wanted to be sure I don't annouce it officially until you say so. :)
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Working on the wiki and I noticed a red link. I threw together a skeleton with a screenshot/controls/rom/discussion links/etc, and a description based on your posts. It could probably be called a complete wiki page or edit to your hearts content of course!

Let me know if you want some help with sound effects.
Alex81nzp

Post by Alex81nzp »

Hello everybody! I am the author of this game, more accurately say the developer :)
As Kirby said, this game is based on the game "Bomber Boris" K.P. Holloway published in the journal Sinclair User in May 1985 No. 038 page 93.

The current version 1.07 includes minor fixes, such as:
- Title screen alternating to the high score table (block 27) if the player does nothing;
- Changed the font, perhaps not very readable, maybe the color will fix the situation;
- The bomb timer starts with 59 steps;
- Bonus every 3 level: - A bulldozer with which you can clean traces; - plus 3 tips if there are less than 6.
- When you press start during the game, a menu appears and you can stop the game.

What was planned, but never implemented:
- Sounds;
- The original concept of the game, i.e. on the title screen choose the type of game in real time or step by step, means the timer of the bomb;
- Change graphics to more detailed with animation;
- Code optimization, now everything is implemented very simply, at the level of basic knowledge.

I attach the archive with the latest version 1.07, for the general review, it is possible for someone to come in handy as an example, as it is not necessary to write the game code :)
Attachments
bomber_v1.07_Fin.zip
(306.38 KiB) Downloaded 338 times
Jubatian

Post by Jubatian »

Huh, that font is sure interesting, a bit difficult to read for sure, but it looks quite nice! As I was playing, I think it is possible to get used to it, anyway, interesting experiment to do something original with 6x8 tiles!

By the way wouldn't you like higher resolution on this game? It doesn't have sprites, and you have lots of ROM free, so just about every code-tiled mode (Mode 9, Mode 90/92) is also open for you. If you wish to maintain proportions, I could create a Mode90 like mode with 8x8 tiles (which would be 45x28 tiles max, so 40x25 fits on it well which I think you wish to aim for).
Alex81nzp wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:49 pm(...)
- Code optimization, now everything is implemented very simply, at the level of basic knowledge.
Why if it works? Really, it is only necessary if you were short on some resource (such as CPU time), I don't think any of this applies on this game: it just works :)
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

The font takes some getting used to, but it is nice looking. I like the extra steps and "clean sweep" versus the previous version, as I remember sometimes there just was not enough steps to finish a level depending on how it was generated. Nice work here :)