My Garden - Harvest Moon fan game for Uzebox

Use this forum to share and discuss Uzebox games and demos.
Harty123

My Garden - Harvest Moon fan game for Uzebox

Post by Harty123 »

Hi,

I'm working on a new game. It's a garden simulation in the style of Harvest Moon. I'm using the graphics of Harvest Moon for GBC. This is a first mockup picture of the game:
My Garden - Harvest Moon style fan game
My Garden - Harvest Moon style fan game
garden.png (22.62 KiB) Viewed 9694 times
D3thAdd3r

Re: My Garden - Harvest Moon fan game for Uzebox

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Great idea there Harty :D Pretty ambitious game to do and it will be great for sure! Definitely possible but there will be some interesting design choices you will have to make no doubt. Are you planning on traditional scrolling or maybe whole screen scrolling like zelda 1 or any other details you are planning right now?
Harty123

Post by Harty123 »

no scrolling. It's not a RPG or adventure like zelda, but a simulation with elements and graphics from Harvest Moon and some new economy game parts:

- you have to sow the seed, watering the plants and also later to earn the fruits
- you have to pay for the seed
- you have to sell the fruits to earn money for extensions
- the prices for seeds, the returns for the fruits and also the duration of the growth is different for every kind of plant
- 6 fields (it will start with 2 and later in higher levels you will be able to buy more...)
- 8 seeds (it will start with 3 seeds; in higher levels you will be able to buy more and more...)
- twist: sometimes birds will eat the seeds from your field - you can buy later a scarecrow
- twist: silk worms will eat sometimes your plants in higher levels, buy pesticide to kill the worms before they eat more parts of your field....
- twist: in higher levels you can buy a sprinkler for every field for automatic watering...

the game will not really have an end - It's the goal make so much money as possible

thats my plan :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Harty, that looks like a nice game idea! SimCity for the garden! :)

Hmmm, I'm thinking that such sim games could be good for Uzenet. You play changes are commit to the server and others can see the progress and could even alter things... :ugeek:
paul

Post by paul »

uze6666 wrote:Harty, that looks like a nice game idea! SimCity for the garden! :)

Hmmm, I'm thinking that such sim games could be good for Uzenet. You play changes are commit to the server and others can see the progress and could even alter things... :ugeek:
Yes, I like this idea. Even though 4-player death match or co-op Castlevania is a fine stretch goal, it'd be nice to see Uzenet working at a basic level. Even global high scores would be fun.
Gosma

Post by Gosma »

Looks like once again great games are coming ! :D
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

*BUMP*

Hey Harty, I happened across this again and it reminded me how cool this game would be. Just curious if you have had a chance to move forward on this one :)
Harty123

Post by Harty123 »

Hi,

Yes I'm thinking often about the finishing of this game. Actually I have so many other projects... the day should have more as 24h ;)

But I think I will finish this in the next time...

Cheers

Harty
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Nice, looking forward to this one when you have the time to finish it. It will be a very unique Uzebox game for sure :)
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Agreed, good bump. Looked very promising. :)