Text adventure for Uzebox

Use this forum to share and discuss Uzebox games and demos.
Harty123

Text adventure for Uzebox

Post by Harty123 »

Hi,

I read something about the first text adventures like collosaal cave in the last century. It could be also an interesting project for the Uzebox... With predefines keywords like "get" etc. and a virtual keyboard on the screen...

-Harty
nebososo

Re: Text adventure for Uzebox

Post by nebososo »

I thought about making one of those or one with very simple graphics, the problem is it is really hard to write a good story. I even tried finding CC stories, but couldn't find one that would fit. Apart from that, it would be really easy to program and definitely entertaining.
Harty123

Post by Harty123 »

nebososo wrote:I thought about making one of those or one with very simple graphics, the problem is it is really hard to write a good story. I even tried finding CC stories, but couldn't find one that would fit. Apart from that, it would be really easy to program and definitely entertaining.
I wrote an article about the PSION Organiser for a magazine some weeks ago and found during this investigation a very simple text adventure for this platform. Written in OPL (its a programming language similar to BASIC). This adventure is Public Domain - so we don't have problems with copyrights... Perhaps it's possible to use this text and story for an Uzebox text adventure.
adventure.zip
Adventure city of Alzan for Psion Organiser in OPL
(14.73 KiB) Downloaded 470 times
Yes, I would also say it's not so difficult to make such an adventure for the UZEBOX and you have definitely the most experience with text input in an Uzebox game (Uzefeud)...

-Harty
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Bumping this. With the SD card and keyboard, could be a fun little project! :)