Beta3 Teaser Demo

Use this forum to share and discuss Uzebox games and demos.
uze6666
Site Admin

Beta3 Teaser Demo

Post by uze6666 »

Ok guys, just want to give you some news concerning beta3. I'm (was) mostly finished, just trying to add that last request from Clay. ;) Need to find 8 cycles and we should have independent tile bank per screen section.

I know it takes for ever to push this rev out but, in the mean time here's a small teaser. 9 sections, full of scrolling and I use the PCM channel to play a music loop @7.3Khz ...Enjoy. :D

SplitScreenPcmDemo.zip
(60.28 KiB) Downloaded 467 times
I've also added Ladyada's patch btw.

Cheers,

-Alec
havok1919

Re: Beta3 Teaser Demo

Post by havok1919 »

Most Excellent!!!

That raises the bar! :mrgreen:

Is that sprite/background priority I'm seeing there?!?!?

-Clay
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Thanks Clay! :mrgreen:

After (way) too much hours of coding, I like to create some eye candy to keep me motivated (and find bugs too)! :lol:
Is that sprite/background priority I'm seeing there?!?!?
Nope, It's more section-over-sprites priority. Each section can be dynamically set to be under or over *all* sprites. But now that you mention it...:) Having sprites-over-section priority could be nice. I'm thinking about effects like RC Pro-AM where some tracks would have a small bridge where you could pass under. Here you could only have horizontal bridges, but still. Not too complicate I'd think, but definitively more cycles during sprites visibility pre-calculations.

-Alec
DaveyPocket

Post by DaveyPocket »

Are the little blocks supposed to be moving??? They're not moving for me. I think it's because I don't have SNES connectors with SNES controllers connected yet. Is there a schematic on wiring the SNES connectors to the Uzebox? Cause I'm having trouble finding a schematic for it, though I saw it somewhere.
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

My schematic is out of date I know...but much to do these days! :)

Yep, the cubes are supposed to spin and move! If "select" is pressed it freezes animation, so that may be the joystick (though I though activating the pull-ups on the joypad line should have resolved that issue).

NES and SNES have the exact same interface, just different pinouts. Have a look a this document. It explain wiring of both.

-Alec