Process for fixing/updating games...

Use this forum to share and discuss Uzebox games and demos.
mapes

Process for fixing/updating games...

Post by mapes »

Hey Uze, Codcrank,

I have a game that I'd like to get updated but I am not the creator. Codecrank is the creator. Is there a proper method for doing this?

For example, I have fixed a bug in Codecrank's Dr.Mario game, specifically that viruses in bottles can already start in 3, 4 or more in a column or line... I updated my code so only 2 can appear in a line at a time (which is how it is done in the regular game).

Another bug is that sequences of bugs/pills that would be eliminated horizontal/verticle are not eliminated simultaneously, but sequentially, which defeats some of the stratagy in the orignal game. I'm working on this bug at the time.

Should I just keep the code to myself and leave Codecranks code alone and let him make the updates if he feels like he would wants to?

-Mapes
uze6666
Site Admin

Re: Process for fixing/updating games...

Post by uze6666 »

Hi mapes,

Your choice, you can send me your gmail/google email by PM and I'll add you to the SVN contributors. You'll then be able to commits all the changes yourself...or you can send it to be and I'll update when I get time. Naturally I'd prefer the first... ;)

-Uze
codecrank

Post by codecrank »

damn it ! how am I supposed to crush my opponents without detailed knowledge of hidden "features" ;)
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

damn it ! how am I supposed to crush my opponents without detailed knowledge of hidden "features"
:lol: