Wall Street Raider (WIP)

Use this forum to share and discuss Uzebox games and demos.
Kilo

Wall Street Raider (WIP)

Post by Kilo »

I know I may think I'm crazy, but I have a new idea.
Well, actually it's like that, sometimes I lie on the couch and play with the Uzebox portable. And sometimes I wonder why there is no game that is close to infinite. A simulation game like there used to be so many. Little brightly colored action but rather strategy and endless game. So I ventured into an old classic which I would like to implement to have the opportunity to gamble a little.

It's going to be a stock game where you can invest, take over companies, etc. It's based on an old DOS game, but I'll write the engine myself.
However...

Does anyone have an idea how I can program a ticker in C, which can let me run text from right to left in one line.

Suppose I have 5 strings (stock names). The 1st string runs to the left edge of the screen and disappears as soon as the last letter vo, 1st string touches the edge of the screen. Meanwhile, the 2nd string runs towards the edge of the screen while the 1st string reappears on the right edge of the screen.
How can I implement this?
uzem_001.png
uzem_001.png (4.08 KiB) Viewed 2297 times
uzem_000.png
uzem_000.png (3.04 KiB) Viewed 2297 times
The last digit of Pi is 7! I calculated this, as I counted to infinity yesterday!
Kilo

Re: Wall Street Raider (WIP)

Post by Kilo »

I decided to do it without a ticker...

So for now there are 5 stocks with a randomized start price.
After every turn the stock prices are new calculated.
On thw right side there is a teletype where you can see if the stock prices increased or decreased. Shown with a plus or minus symbol. Also how much the earnings are and how much the highest price was.

The calc of the stocks are very simple. For now! There will be dependencies of economy, etc. in the future.

And for now you can buy and sell stocks. So far...

Btw I made a similar game years ago for the PC.

Here you can test it:
Button A to select entries, Button B to go back
wallstreet.uze
(50.56 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
The last digit of Pi is 7! I calculated this, as I counted to infinity yesterday!
Kilo

Re: Wall Street Raider (WIP)

Post by Kilo »

Here is the current status.
I think the game can already be published as a WIP.
You can now call up financial reports, view economic forecasts and open analyst reports. All of these things affect stock prices.
WS2.png
WS2.png (4.54 KiB) Viewed 2255 times
WS3.png
WS3.png (4.91 KiB) Viewed 2255 times
wallstreet.uze
(54.1 KiB) Downloaded 245 times