Uzebox Tactics (WIP)

Use this forum to share and discuss Uzebox games and demos.
Strela_17

Re: Uzebox Tactics (WIP)

Post by Strela_17 »

This looks great, it's like Advance Wars's father and I can't not love it!
I'll give it a try and give you some feedback, but you're going on a great first impression.
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

Thank you!
You can find the actually version on the Wiki.

It is almost like Advance Wars but with some different gameplay and graphics.
The last digit of Pi is 7! I calculated this, as I counted to infinity yesterday!
Strela_17

Post by Strela_17 »

Thanks, I've found it; I've already noticed the first differences with the AW franchise, but that was the first association which popped up in my head when I saw the screenshots.
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Awesome, will look at it and post a new game alert on it! :D
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

Yeeeeeehaaa.... 😍😁👍

Glad that u r back, uze 😊
The last digit of Pi is 7! I calculated this, as I counted to infinity yesterday!
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

I will upload a new version this or next week of Tactics on the wiki.
I made up one more level (map) and I will change the credits behavior and an ending screen for the winner.
So sad that it is only 2 player. I am not really able to build in an AI for playing against the Box. 😔
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Nice! This game definitely deserves some attention and it's nice to see work put into finishing it out after all these years 8-)

It depends how interested you are in AI, and what your expectations are. I would estimate the amount of work for decent AI in this game, is somewhere close to all other work combined so far. I don't have a deep grasp of how the game works so maybe I am off, maybe it is just not feasible on Uzebox, or perhaps there is a simple "dumb but cheating AI" approach that would be reasonably fun and "easy". You could spend a lot of time and try evolutionary AI, where you give it some "sensors" into game state as well as "motor outputs" that trigger preprogrammed actions, then let it play versus itself. The genes are connections/inhibitors between neurons(sensor to sensor, sensor to motor, etc). Keep the best genes and mutate new generations to play against the old(to see if randomly, and unlikely, the mutation is more successful than the old weights, let it run 100,000 generations over some weeks of turbo no vsync play). It is extremely interesting in my opinion and I have had some success with this method, but it takes considerable time.