IKD - Atari Combat remake

Use this forum to share and discuss Uzebox games and demos.
danboid

Re: IKD - Atari Combat remake

Post by danboid » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:33 am

Chickens in Choppers - cool game CF! I'd not checked it out until now. Shame I can't find a link to the source. Have you uploaded the source anywhere?

Uzewars - Uses a mix of asm and C. Bit over my head.

Uzetroids - I presume this is what you meant when you said Asteroids? Its page is missing from the wiki. I'll message Nick.

EDIT: It seems your UB Asteroids clone is called VectorGame. I'll have a look at that now and see if I can make sense of it.

danboid

Post by danboid » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:57 am

It seems a few of the attributions are wrong on the wiki. Vectorgame is credited to CF on its wiki page but the source says it was Alec who wrote it. For Uzewars it credits 'Stache' but the source code says Alec also wrote that.

My next step is either making the tank shoot (in the direction the sprite is pointing) or making it move. I was initially going to tackle moving next but now I think I might be better working on the shooting first.

CunningFellow

Post by CunningFellow » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:04 am

I'm feeling pretty vague at the moment. The source was posted somewhere before but I can't find it now so here it is again.

Here is a video showing some tanks if you didn't see that.

https://youtu.be/PWnW5ROSPjI?t=695

Its got a LOT of ASM in it for the graphical stuff but the game logic and object management is all C.

When I am feeling better I will try answer any other questions you might have.
Attachments
chickens.zip
(84.53 KiB) Downloaded 62 times

D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:46 pm

Damn the tanks there are well implemented. That same thing, a little faster and player controlled, would already be a good ways towards a Combat implementation.

danboid

Post by danboid » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:46 pm

D3thAdd3r wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:46 pm
Damn the tanks there are well implemented. That same thing, a little faster and player controlled, would already be a good ways towards a Combat implementation.
I'm glad you like the little bit I have done!

I've been extra busy in work the last few weeks, working double time pretty much so not had the time for doing any UB stuff but I'm hoping the worst is out of the way and this week will be easier.

I made my first minor contribution to the project tonight by submitting build instructions for Ubuntu and Debian users for the UB repo.

https://github.com/Uzebox/uzebox/pull/100

I re-installed Linux on my laptop tonight and I'm currently looking into getting micro configured as an minimalistic IDE for UB dev before I get back to this.