Weird Euzebox issue: starts, but no bootloader

Topics regarding the Uzebox hardware/AVCore/BaseBoard (i.e: PCB, resistors, connectors, part list, schematics, hardware issues, etc.) should go here.
ry755

Re: Weird Euzebox issue: starts, but no bootloader

Post by ry755 »

immortalx wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:56 am I kept it at FAT16 as you suggested and it works each and everytime without a problem.
I can't thank you and all the other members of the community enough!
My son just did the hello world example and it was like magic seeing those characters on the screen! Couldn't be more exited, it was like the first time I booted my Spectrum +2 and saw the menu screen!
I was also really excited when I first got mine working! :D You might have already found this, but there's a page on the wiki with all of the API functions: http://uzebox.org/wiki/API_Functions. The wiki is full of awesome documentation that helped me get started.
nicksen782

Re: Weird Euzebox issue: starts, but no bootloader

Post by nicksen782 »

Oh, and don't forget actually reading the kernel functions, at least the C portions.

videoMode3.c, videoMode3.def.h, videoMode3.h. Great places to see how things are working. The restore buffer for mode 3 was an eye opener. Through reading this code I found that I could determine the number of ram tiles used and how exactly SetUserRamTiles() worked. Helpful when you want to reserve a tile. Why would you want to do that? A specific example would be in Bubble Bobble. Each level is actually only made up of one unique tile. I get the data for that tile from the SD card and then keep it in a ram tile to use for the rest of the level. Instead of needing 100+ one-time-use unique tiles (for 64 bytes of flash each) I used a ram tile instead. It can be anything you want really. Like a wild card.

But read the kernel. Very helpful!