Uzebox with Analog R-G-B LCD panel

Topics regarding the Uzebox hardware/AVCore/BaseBoard (i.e: PCB, resistors, connectors, part list, schematics, hardware issues, etc.) should go here.
Jubatian

Uzebox with Analog R-G-B LCD panel

Post by Jubatian »

I found this interesting Uzebox realization:

http://www.dutchtronix.com/UzeboxConsole.htm

I can't remember it belonging to any of you here on the forum, but tell me otherwise if so! :) The curiosity is that the panel he found has analog R-G-B interface along with a composite sync input, so he could drop the AD725 and get a perfect picture (as far as the panel's capabilites go). I also found the datasheet of it: http://www.electro-tech-online.com/atta ... -pdf.3062/

Maybe there are other panels around with similar specs, which could be useful.
D3thAdd3r

Re: Uzebox with Analog R-G-B LCD panel

Post by D3thAdd3r »

That is really something, such a panel has been sought for some time. An LCD like that 1/2 that size is probably perfect. If that cannot be found, perhaps we can get just that controller board to work on an appropriately sized screen.

Think I will order one of those so I can check it out when I have time. Particularly for me physical desk space has become a real issue, so I would love to have a small all in one(crisp RGB!) device next to my developmemt rigs instead of a dedicated Uzebox monitor.
Jubatian

Post by Jubatian »

I did a little further search.

The LQ056A3AG01 5" 320x234 panel is on Ebay now, it seems to also have an R-G-B interface (Here is a Chinese datasheet showing the same I/O this sheet is also here, on page 25 it even has a wiring diagram which should help). I found these auctions for it:
Source 1 Source 2 Source 3 Source 4 Source 5
Jubatian

Post by Jubatian »

Wow. This is awesome, how many people had fun with Uzebox already :)

https://rossumblog.com/2009/07/24/uzebo ... ove-child/

This is another one, and it uses especially the LCD I found in the previous post. So Lee: Here you go, you even have the complete solution with this LCD ready-made!
nicksen782

Post by nicksen782 »

That is rather slick how the Uzebox circuitry was just "glued" in like that. I think it would be safe to say that the original functionality of the photo frame is likely gone now, right?

But, if you can pick up a photo frame like that for $20 then that is great! That is rather cheap.

I am still looking forward to an Uzebox portable. Until then I'll just have my little TV.
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Hell yeah, this was awesome, I recall this. Was the first ever Uzebox '3rd party' implementation :lol: . Check his initial post on this forum: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=92#p790 ...but it's a little way back in 2008!